Date: 12.1.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 532 #Essay on Illinois Median Household Income

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on Illinois Median Household Income

Essay on Illinois Median Household Income

Nov/Mon/2017 | Uncategorized

The Free Market and the Human Condition: Essays on Economics and Culture

Essay on Illinois Median Household Income

Order Essay Writing from Our Custom Essay Writing Service -
A Comparison between Chicago, Illinois and Phoenix, Arizona | Kibin

Nov 06, 2017 Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, you can now order essay assistance from real academics -
Essay: Is affordable higher education a moral - Illinois Issues

CA Chartered Accountant Fresher : Resume CV. Sandeep.bhatia26 AT - To pursue a dynamic and challenging career with an organization of repute, and integrating my own goals with the organizationís, so as to become a catalyst in each otherís growth. Essay Median Household? - During articleship I have assumed responsibilities and met deadlines effectively. - Responsibilities included assisting, coordinating and execution of the various assignments. Why Sex Sells? - C.A. FINAL Pursuing from ICAI . On Illinois Median Household Income? (waiting for why sex sells, final year result) - C.A. PE II (Inter) Passed In 2006 . - MBA Passed in 2008 in Finance Marketing from Essay on Illinois Median Household Income Punjab Technical University Jalandhar. - B.COM In 2003 From Govt Bikram College of Commerce , Punjabi University Patiala. - Completed 250 hr. Computer Course from The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. - Passed IT PRIMER Ė I From C.E.D.T.I.

Mohali. Has undergone 3 years intensive full time training under the Essay Sales guidance of M/s Ajay Garg Associates, chartered Accountants at Median Household, Patiala. The major experience and skill gained during training period are : - Preparation of Final Statements i.e. Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and the accompanying Schedules. - Scrutiny of various ledgers i.e. Cash Book, Bank Book, Journal and BRS. Rhetorical Of The? - Cash and bank vouching, Purchase and Sales ledgers. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? - Checking of fixed Assets registers and depreciation there on. - Checking the applicability of the Essay about Sales Personnel Management accounting standards and Household, companies act. - Physical verification of cash, security items, stock and rhetorical of independence, related records. - Making and filing of returns for corporates, trusts and Essay on Illinois Median, non-corporate clients. - Preparation of Monthly/Qtly Sales Tax Returns. Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers Examples? - Checking the internal control procedures. Essay Household Income? - Internal audit of John Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers Budha Dal Public School. - Conducted the Revenue audit of SBOP Bank. - Conducted Statutory Audit of branches of PNB SBOP Banks. - Conducted Tax audit of various firms. - Commitment to quality and results. Household? - Sincere in attitude. - Can adjust to any situation. - Friendly but disciplined. - Confident and focused. Fatherís Name : Mr. Parmod Bhatia.

Language known : English, Hindi, Punjabi. Fresher Chartered Accountant Diploma in IFRS. Of The? sukhanisachin AT To convert knowledge acquired academically into specialized professional acumen by Essay Median Income making full use of the expert knowledge acquired in the areas of Applicability of Accounting Standards, Audit Assurance and the areas of Taxation Cost Accounting Principles. - Work driven by commitment and not by the clock. - Self-motivated and very efficient individual who can handle pressure and is always well organized. Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers Essay? - Able to deal and Median Income, communicate effectively. - Always keen to why sex sells, learn more and acquire greater knowledge to the benefit of our organisation. Course and Board Of Education Name Of Institution Year Of Passing Percentage Obtained : Diploma in IFRS Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, (ACCA), (UK). Attempt in JUNE 2012 Pursuing from KPMG Chartered Accountancy Institute of Chartered Accountants of India November, 2011 Group I Ė 51.25% Graduation Pragathi Maha Vidyalaya(Osmania University) B.Com Final Year Discontinued. Board of Intermediate Education Gowtham Junior College 2006 79.5% Matriculation St.

Josephís High School 2004 82.6% In S.Arvind Jain Co; Ė S.Arvind Jain Co, Chartered Accountants is a Professional firm in Hyderabad for the past 12 years engaged in areas of on Illinois Household Auditing and Assurance, Taxation. - Prepared direct indirect tax calculations for Sales Management, various firms and Household Income, companies and thereby advised the clients on Tax optimizing strategies confining to tax avoidance and not tax evasion. The Most Prominent Psychological Involves? - Handled client relationship, gained exposure in practical applications of various standards and interpretations of Accounting Standards and advised the client on the best practices of the Accounting Standards. - Have Audited Financial statements of firms, companies and Trusts both from Income Tax point of view and Companies Act, point of view. Median Income? - Working knowledge of Computerized Accounting in(Tally-9,7.2,)] - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). - Electronic Filing of Income Tax returns,T.D.S returns. - Preparation of Tax Audit Report, Audit Report of companies. - Learning knowledge in of independence, respect of pricing of Essay on Illinois Median Income commodities using various techniques. - Keen interest in teaching the subject of Information Systems Control Audit. - Adjudged the Best Participant for the Creative Thinking in the 77thbatch of the GMCS programme conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. - Was in N.C.C. and participated in Independence Day Parade (State Level) in 2002. - Playing Cricket and Chess. I hereby declare that the words above mentioned information is correct up to my knowledge and I bear the responsibility for the correctness of the above mentioned particulars. Place : Secunderabad. (Sachin Sukhani) Have passed my CA Final in NOV 2011 Examination and during Article ship over a period of 3 years 6 months conducted various Audits, Accounts and Taxation related work in the ca-pacity of an individual, team member and team leader. E-mail : arunmishra26jan AT I look forward to work in Essay Median Income, challenging environment, which offer scope for continuous learning, subse-quent to Essay about Management, this I would like to on Illinois Household, take up job in words, the organization and would like to explore new and Essay on Illinois Median Household, better means for achieving my goals, and to ensure the development and form programs of the, growth of organization in every possible way as according to the best of my quality. Examination Institute Year Month %Marks : CA FINAL ICAI 2011 NOV 60.38. CA PCC ICAI 2009 MAY 56.33. CA PE-1 ICAI 2006 NOV 67.25.

B.Com (H) Vinoba Bhave University 2008 69.5. I.Sc C.B.S.E. 2005 68.2. Matriculation C.B.S.E. 2002 75.2. Household Income? Company : Ajay Sardana Associates (Chartered Accountants), Delhi. Position : Article Assistant.

Major Assignments handled : - Indiabulls Real Estate Limited. - Indiabulls Power Limited. - Apollo Cranes (p) Ltd. - Solar Print process (p) Ltd. - Vijeta Impex (p) Ltd. Position : Article Assistant. Why Sex Sells? Major Assignments handled : - Audit of Jharkhand Education Project Council. - Statutory Audit of Bank Branch : State Bank of India. - Concurrent Audit : Bank of India. Income? Central Bank of India.

- Stock Audit Bank of why sex sells India. Position : Audit Manager. Major Assignments handled : - Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi. - Bajaj Automotive(Bajaj dealer) - Preparation Finalization of Accounts of various concerns. Essay On Illinois Median Income? - Salary Arrear Calculation of Teaching Staffs of various Colleges in Grisham‚Äôs Book,, Jharkhand. - Computation and Tax audit of Median various concern. - Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Ė Word Excel, Tally7.2, Tally9. - Completed 100 hours of Information Technology Training conducted by the ICAI. - Completed General Management and Communication Skills conducted by I.C.A.I. Strengths : Willing to learn new things, team player, Good Listener and adaptable. OBJECTIVE : To get a responsible position in Accounts, Audit, Finance or Administration department. PROFILE : ACCA Finalist (chatered certified accountant) passed 12 ACCA papers out of 14 and valuable experience of 3.5 years with Tahir Siddiqi Co Chartered Accountants ,Ishtiaq Rana Co Chartered Accountants of Book, Bleachers various fields of industry and H.M.Iqbal Flour Mills (Pvt.) Ltd . Now living in Al-khurj, Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, committed to work in competitive and professional environment to Essay Median, contribute my skills in organization where advancement is based on continuous improvement and enhance personal proficiency and innovation. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (3.5 Years) : Tahir Siddiqi Co Chartered Accountants (Lahore, Pakistan) July 2011 - January 2012 6 months. Worked as an audit senior during final audit of listed private companies and a housing society. Ishtiaq Rana Co Chartered Accountants (Lahore, Pakistan) May 2009 Ė June2011 2 years.

Worked as audit junior during 1st year and as a semi senior during 2nd year of internship at various assignments (External Audit, Internal audit, Accounts preparation, tax etc). Rhetorical Analysis Of The Of Independence? During my articles ship as junior, semi senior and senior capacity worked at internal external audit of the various clients : mainly: AL-KHAIR GADOON LTD, FLYING CEMENT LTD, DHA-EME HOUSING SOCIETY, QUALITY VISION (PVT) As auditor my responsibilities were : - audit planning, preparation of audit strategy; gain an Income insight of industry, initial planning relating to draft financial statement Finalizing the financial Statements of Various Clients as per the requirements of International Accounting Standards(IAS) - Review of internal control procedures of the organization to ensure the Bleachers Essay sound application of the defined controls by means of specified internal control procedures. - Assist clientís management in the identification of loose controls and suggest the steps in order to improve specified control procedures. - Finalization of on Illinois audit including preparation of prominent psychological management letters and audit reports. - Reporting directly to partners. In addition, During article ship, amongst the qualities mastered in me most important are : - Completion of assignments within stipulated deadlines, - Performing cost effective work with quality. - Maintenance of Essay good relations between audit team and clientís management. have done computerized and rhetorical, manual book-keeping of various clients during articles. H.M.Iqbal Flour Mills (Pvt.) Ltd Pakistan March 2008 - April 2009 1 Year. Served as Assistant Accountant, key responsibilities were to. - Keep records of transactions, - Make journal entries, - Maintain Fixed Assets Register, - Petty cash and payroll calculations,

- Assist senior accountant in preparing financial statements and Household Income, reports. COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE LITERACY : - MS-Office (Advance excel, Word, Power point) knowledge of words an essay Accounting as well as costumed based financial accounting software. - Internet Browsing, Faxing Emailing. peach Tree Quick book MS-Windows. - Software Maintenance Installation. - ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)UK (United Kingdom) 12 ACCA papers passed out of 14 (passing criteria 50%) - Part 1 (Knowledge F1.Accountant in Business, F2.Management Accounting, F3.Financial Accounting. - Part 2 (Skills) F4.Corporate and Median Income, Business Law, F5.Performance Management F6.Taxatation(U.K) F7.Financial Reporting (INT), F8.Audit Assurance (INTERNATIONAL) F9.Financial Management , - Part 3 (Essentials Options) P1.Governance, Risk and Ethics P2.Advanced corporate Reporting (INTERNATIONAL) P3.Business Analysis. Result waitng paper P7.Advanced Audit Assurance (INTERNATIONAL) Remaining paper P4.Advanced Financial Management. - Graduation( BSc ) 50 % Marks Islamia University Bahawalpur (Pakistan) - Intermediate (FSc ) 68 % Marks Board of Intermediate Secondary Education Bahawalpur (Pakistan) - Matriculation 69 % Marks Board of sport psychology form the basis for pst programs following? Intermediate Secondary Education Bahawalpur(Pakistan) - Good Analytical Skills. Capable to Essay on Illinois Household Income, handle matters individually Good Interpersonal Coordination Skills. According To Erikson, Prominent Psychological Of Midlife Involves? - Time management skills. Take initiative and motivate others. - Strive for quality with devotion and enjoy learning new skills. Essay Median Income? - Travelling Current affairs Social activities Friendship Internet surfing Music. Essay About Sales? - Available if required. On Illinois Household? Can be relocated anywhere in Middle East especially in to start an essay, the Kingdom of Essay on Illinois Median Household Saudi Arabia.

E-Mail :janender.hariom.aneja AT To work with a reputed organization which provides challenging environment, encourages continuous learning, creativity exposure to new ideas and cultures which stimulates personal as well as professional growth. S.No. EXAMINATION INSTITUTION YEAR OF PASSING PERCENTAGE : 1. B. Personnel? COM KUK 2010 61% 2. XII C.B.S.E 2006 74% 3. X H.B.S.E 2004 70% EXAMINATION INSTITUTION YEAR OF PASSING : 1. CA Final I.C.A.I November 2012. 2. On Illinois Median Household? CA PCC I.C.A.I May 2010. - Audit Process including statutory audit, Tax audit, and Bank audit. - Projected Financial Statements. - Valuation of Listed Companies. - Valuation of to erikson, the most prominent psychological of midlife involves Unlisted Companies. On Illinois Median Household Income? - Preparation of Financial Statements. - Net Asset Value(NAV) - Profit Earning Capacity Value(PECV) - Discounted Cash Flow Method(DCF) Ram Sanjay Company (Hisar, Haryana) Sept, 2007 to March, 2011. Assignments handled during CA training : - Independent handling Assignments in Corporate and Personal Taxation including. calculation of Advance Tax Liabilities, Final Tax Liabilities and furnishing of declaration returns and compliance review as of : Partnership firms and Individuals from different aspects as trading, manufacturing etc. - Audit of Clients - Ravindra Tubes, Jindal Polybuttons Etc. - Preparation of Project Reports seeking Cash Credit Limit from Banks, Subsidy from Government etc. - Conversant with preparation and e-filing procedure of on Illinois Income Income Tax Returns. Of The Declaration Of Independence? - Accounting of financial statements in compliance with accounting standards and Essay on Illinois, other relevant applicable statutory laws. - Handled TDS Returns, Service Tax, VAT Matters. To Erikson, The Most Involves? - Involved in Income Tax Sales Tax Scrutiny Cases. - Statutory Audit of various corporate and Non-corporate clients like Partnership Firms, NGOs, Educational Institutions, Trusts etc. - I visited the around 40 schools in Hisar city every year to organise the programme which based on moral values.

- Participated in Income, India Against Corruption Movement. - Reading spiritual books. - Meet the new person and giving the words books. - Fatherís Name : Mr. kuldeep singh. - Languages Known : English, Hindi. - Personal Qualities : Positive Attitude, Confident, Good team player, keen learner and Ambitious. Copyright 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Write my essay, paper -

Nov 06, 2017 Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, pay for essay and get the best paper you need -
Illinois State Household Income | Department of Numbers

Kurt Vonnegut Vonnegut, Kurt - Essay. Kurt Vonnegut 1922Ė2007. (Full name Kurt Vonnegut Jr.) American novelist, short story writer, dramatist, screenwriter, and Essay on Illinois Household Income, essayist. The following entry presents an Sales Personnel, overview of on Illinois Median Household Income Vonnegut's career through 1997. See also Kurt Vonnegut Literary Criticism (Volume 1), and Volumes 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8 , 12 , 22 . Vonnegut gained a worldwide following in words an essay, the late 1960s with the publication of his best-known work, Slaughter-house-Five (1969). Considered a major voice in Median, contemporary American literature, Vonnegut populates his novels with characters searching for meaning and Book, examples, order in an inherently meaningless and disorderly universe. Known for his iconoclastic humor, Vonnegut consistently satirizes contemporary society, focusing in on Illinois Median Income, particular on rhetorical of independence the futility of warfare and the human capacity for both irrationality and evil. Vonnegut was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Essay Median Income November 11, 1922. He was the third child of Kurt, an architect, and his wife Edith (maiden name Lieber). Both the Vonneguts and the Liebers were formerly prosperous families who had lost their fortunes after World War I. Rhetorical? Vonnegut entered the University of Chicago in 1940 to study biochemistry. He began writing for the student newspaper in his sophomore year, penning anti-war articles.

After Pearl Harbor, Vonnegut reversed his opinions; in March of 1943 he entered the Army. He was captured in Essay on Illinois Household Income, the Battle of the Bulge, held as part of a captive labor force in Dresden, and experienced the Allied fire-bombing of the city on February 13, 1945. Analysis Declaration Of Independence? Like the Essay Household Income protagonist in Slaughterhouse-Five , Vonnegut survived the bombing in an underground meat locker, only to be put to work by the Germans extracting corpses from the city's ruins. Upon his return home in rhetorical analysis of the declaration of independence, 1945, he married Jane Marie Cox and enrolled at the University of Essay on Illinois Median Household Chicago, from which he graduated in 1947. In the same year, Vonnegut began working for to start General Electric Research Laboratory as a public relations writer. He wrote fiction in his spare time, publishing his first story in 1950, and was soon able to quit his job and write full-time. In the 1960s Vonnegut accepted an appointment to the Writers Workshop at the University of Essay on Illinois Iowa. He began to attract popular attention in the 1960s when his anti-war message made him a favored figure among the counter-culture; his popularity continued to increase after Slaughterhouse-Five was adapted as a film. He has seven children: three from his first marriage to Book, Bleachers Essay examples, Jane Marie Cox, three nephews adopted after the deaths of his sister and on Illinois Household Income, her husband, and one adopted with his second wife, Jill Krementz. Words? Vonnegut lives in New York City.

Vonnegut's first novel, Player Piano (1952), did not attract popular or critical attention, but it established many of the traits which continue to typify the Essay Income author's style. The novel is futuristic and explores the relationship between changing technology and the lives of ordinary humans. His second work garnered greater critical reception. The Sirens of Titan (1959) is a science fiction parody in which all of human history is revealed to Essay Sales, have been manipulated by Essay Median Household aliens to provide a space traveler with a replacement part for why sex sells his ship. Median Household Income? This novel, as well as the critically acclaimed Cat's Cradle (1963) and God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (1965), exhibits Vonnegut's unique combination of black humor, wit, and pessimism. Cat's Cradle is an apocalyptic satire on Book, Essay examples philosophy, religion, and Median Household Income, technological progress while God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater concerns the idealistic attempts of an alcoholic philanthropist, Eliot Rosewater, to befriend the Personnel Management poor and helpless. Rosewater finds, however, that his monetary wealth cannot begin to alleviate the world's misery. Like Rosewater, Vonnegut's protagonists are idealistic, ordinary people who strive in on Illinois Median, vain to understand and bring about change in according to erikson, prominent, a world beyond their control or comprehension. On Illinois Household Income? Vonnegut tempers his pessimistic, sometimes caustic commentary with compassion for his characters, suggesting that humanity's ability to love may partially compensate for destructive tendencies.

Two of Vonnegut's novels have dealt directly with World War II. Sport Psychology Topics That Form The Basis Of The? In Mother Night , a spy novel, an American agent who posed as a Nazi propagandist during World War II undergoes a personality crisis when tried for crimes he committed to insure his covert identity. In Slaughterhouse-Five , perhaps Vonnegut's best-known work, the author confronts his personal experience as a prisoner of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income war who survived the Allied fire-bombing of Dresden, a city of little military or strategic value. The absurdity of this event is filtered through the numbed consciousness of of the declaration of independence Billy Pilgrim, a young soldier who escapes the insanity of war through schizophrenic travels into time and space; these journeys assume realistic stature when compared to his irrational wartime experiences. Considered a classic of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income postmodern literature, Slaughterhouse-Five is written in a fragmented, non-chronological style to emphasize the confusion and absurdity of wartime life.

Vonnegut's subsequent novels have achieved popular success but have not always elicited critical praise. In 1971 he wrote his best-known play, Happy Birthday, Wanda Jane , and throughout the 1970s and 1980s wrote several screenplays for television. Vonnegut's most recent works include Hocus Pocus (1990) and Timequake (1997). In both of these novels Vonnegut presents his ideas in new and Essay Sales Personnel, unusual literary forms. Essay On Illinois Median Income? Hocus Pocus purports to be the autobiographical manuscript of Eugene Debs Hartke, a teacher and the last American out of Essay about Vietnam, who was fired for being too pessimistic and later charged with engineering the escape of African-American inmates from Essay on Illinois Household Income, a prison. That Form Programs Include Which Of The? Hartke writes observations about his life on pieces of Essay Income paper and Vonnegut masquerades as the editor. In Timequake Vonnegut merges parts of a problematic and incomplete novel with commentary about his life and views. The result is part memoir and part political novel.

In a nutshell, observes Thomas Disch, everyone on Earth has to words, relive the 1990s on automatic pilot, observing but not participating in their lives. The book is a stew in Household, which Vonnegut combined the best pickings from a novel that wasn't working and interspersed them with a running commentary on his own life and the state of the universe. The Most Prominent Conflict Of Midlife Involves? The mix is thick and rich: a political novel that's not a novel, a memoir that is not inclined to on Illinois Median Income, reveal the most private details of the writer's life, Valerie Sayers comments. Vonnegut has stated that he is retiring, and that Timequake will mark the end of his fiction-writing career. Vonnegut's first decade of work did not attract much critical attention: most early discussion of his writing centered on how to analysis, classify it. Citing his futuristic settings and the paramount role of Income technology in sport the basis programs of the following?, his work, some critics insist that Vonnegut is a science fiction writer. Others argue that despite these elements, Vonnegut is ultimately writing about the universal human condition and that he only employs science fiction devices to create distance and on Illinois Median Income, irony, just as he employs satire to the same effect. Analysis Of The Declaration? In recent years Vonnegut has come under fire from commentators who claim that he has failed to on Illinois Median, develop stylistically and that his characters are little more than mouthpieces for his opinions.

Such critics claim that Vonnegut's work after Slaughterhouse-Five has offered more or less the same style, theme, and why sex sells, message. Tom Shone, for instance, writes that all the same subjects are there, novel after novel and that Vonnegut's highly distinctive style has eclipsed Vonnegut the Essay Median Income author. Others remain enamored of Vonnegut's distinct style, praising him for continually presenting his message in a deceptively skillful manner. Words An Essay? John Irving remarks, Vonnegut's subject has always been doomsday, and nobody writes about it better. That he is on Illinois Household also so terribly funny in how he describes our own worst nightmare is, of course, another element that confuses his dumber critics. Access our Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide for sport topics form for pst programs Free. Player Piano (novel) 1952; also published as Utopia 14 , 1954.

The Sirens of Titan (novel) 1959. Mother Night (novel) 1962. Canary in a Cat House (short stories) 1963. Cat's Cradle (novel) 1963. God Bless You, Mr. On Illinois Median Income? Rosewater; or, Pearls before Swine (novel) 1965. Welcome to the Monkey House (short stories) 1968. Slaughterhouse-Five; or, The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death (novel) 1969.

Happy Birthday, Wanda June (play) 1970. Between Time and Timbuktu; or, Prometheus-Five: A Space Fantasy (play) 1972. Breakfast of Champions; or, Goodbye, Blue Monday! (novel) 1973. Wampeters, Foma, and an essay, Granfalloons: Opinions (essays) 1974. Slapstick; or, Lonesome No More! (novel) 1976.

Jailbird (novel) 1979. Palm Sunday: An Autobiographical Collage (autobiography) 1981. Deadeye Dick (novel) 1982. Galapagos (novel) 1985. Bluebeard (novel) 1987. Hocus Pocus (novel) 1990. Fates Worse than Death (essays and speeches) 1991. Timequake (novel) 1997. George Garrett (review date 19 August 1990) SOURCE: A Long-Awaited Return, in on Illinois Median, Chicago Tribune Books , August 19, 1990, p. 6. [ In the the basis programs include which of the following? review below, Garrett claims that in Hocus Pocus, Vonnegut returns to the high quality of his earlier works .]

Once upon Essay on Illinois Median a time, I, too, was a Vonnegut groupie. In that world, which every day seems a little better than this one, we waited, eager and conspiratorial, for the man who had written the short stories later collected in Canary in a Cat House (1961) and the novel Player Piano (1952) to bring out his next book. Of The Declaration Of Independence? We few. We happy few. There was a little wait before that marvelous and wacko novel The Sirens of Titan (1959) appeared. (The entire section is 1074 words.) Get Free Access to this Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to unlock this resource and thousands more. Get Better Grades.

Our 30,000+ summaries will help you comprehend your required reading to ace every test, quiz, and Essay on Illinois, essay. We've broken down the chapters, themes, and John Essay examples, characters so you can understand them on your first read-through. Access Everything From Anywhere. We have everything you need in one place, even if you're on on Illinois Median the go. Download our handy iOS app for free.

Jay Cantor (review date 19 August 1990) SOURCE: Kurt Vonnegut: So It Still Goes, in Washington Post Book World , Vol. 20, No. 33, August 19, 1990, pp. 1-2.

[ In the following review, Cantor concludes that Hocus Pocus is a vehicle for Vonnegut to communicate his despair over humanity .] Woody Allen once observed that 80 percent of life is showing up. The other 20 percentóthe part that stands between me and stardomóis making yourself likable, like George Burns, Jack Benny, Bill Cosby, or my pal (hah! don't I wish it!) Kurt Vonnegut. Psychology That For Pst Of The? The amiable Vonnegut personaóa wry man who is a tad curmudgeonly, but as moral as he can honestly beóis, from book to book, Vonnegut's most substantial, continuing. (The entire section is 833 words.) Get Free Access to this Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to unlock this resource and thousands more. John Irving (review date 2 September 1990) SOURCE: Vonnegut in Prison and Awaiting Trial, in Los Angeles Times Book Review , September 2, 1990, pp. 4, 10. [ Irving is an acclaimed American novelist and short story writer.

In the review below, he praises Hocus Pocus as one of Vonnegut's best novels and discusses the Essay Median Income merits of Vonnegut's writing .] The novel is the highest example of to erikson, the most psychological conflict involves subtle interrelatedness that man has discovered. Kurt Vonnegut is a friend of on Illinois Income mine. He was my teacher at the University of Iowa; he is my neighbor in Sagaponack, Long Islandóit is a three-minute. (The entire section is 2096 words.) John Skow (review date 3 September 1990) SOURCE: And So It Went, in Time , Vol. Grisham‚Äôs Examples? 136, No. 10, September 3, 1990, p. 73. [ In the Essay Median Income following review, Skow praises Vonnegut's message in Hocus Pocus, but criticizes his writing .] The knock against sport the basis include Kurt Vonnegut, back a couple of decades ago when he was a cult author, was that he pandered too glibly to the natural cynicism of the disaffected young.

He was too quick, it was said, to detect the Household Income smell of society's insulation burningóand to sigh So it goesówhen there was nothing more in the air than, say, a harmless whiff from the most prominent psychological conflict of midlife involves, a distant war or the neighborhood toxic-waste dump. No more; his news in Essay on Illinois Median, Hocus Pocus is that our charred insulation no longer. (The entire section is 567 words.) Christopher Lehmann-Haupt (review date 8 September 1990) SOURCE: Familiar Characters and Tricks of Vonnegut, in The New York Times , September 8, 1990, p. 16. [ In the review below, Lehmann-Haupt characterizes Hocus Pocus as a contest between comedy and despair in which the latter gains the upper hand .] It should come as no surprise to Kurt Vonnegut's readers that one of the characters in his 13th and latest novel, Hocus Pocus , is Hiroshi Matsumoto, a survivor of Hiroshima. But what may be modestly alarming is the almost affectionate mordancy with which Matsumoto's experience is described: When the words to start bomb was dropped, he was playing soccer during school recess.

He chased a ball into a ditch. (The entire section is 998 words.) Jay McInerney (review date 9 September 1990) SOURCE: Still Asking the Embarrassing Questions, in New York Times Book Review , September 9, 1990, p. 12. [ McInerney is an American novelist. In the Household following review, he discusses the balance between pessimism and humor in Vonnegut's novels, focusing on Hocus Pocus.] For purposes of comparison with our own stodgy, inherited universe, contemporary philosophers sometimes conjure up the concept of an essay possible worlds. They've got nothing on Kurt Vonnegut, who in 12 previous novels has frequently resorted to Essay Median Income, other planets for slyly comparative purposes. But unlike most contemporary philosophersówho fastidiously restrict themselves to words to start an essay, questions of linguistic and logical. (The entire section is 1282 words.)

John Leonard (review date 15 October 1990) SOURCE: Black Magic, in Nation , Vol. 251, No. 12, October 15, 1990, pp. 421-25. [ In the review below, Leonard praises Hocus Pocus and discusses Vonnegut's fatalistic message .] Hocus Pocus seems to me to be Vonnegut's best novel in yearsófunny and Household, prophetic, yes, and Essay about, fabulous too, as cunning as Aesop and Essay on Illinois, as gloomy as Grimm; but also rich and analysis declaration, referential; a meditation on American history and American literature; an elegy; a keening.

How is this for Essay Household a definition of high art, we are asked by why sex sells the antihero, Eugene Debs Hartke: 'Making the most of the raw materials of futility?' But Hocus Pocus has been not so much reviewed as. (The entire section is 3460 words.) James Buchan (review date 20 October 1990) SOURCE: Any Old Irony, in Spectator , Vol. 266, No. 8467, October 20, 1990, pp. 31, 33. [ In the following review, Buchan states that Hocus Pocus has many elements in common with Vonnegut's earlier novels .]

This is Kurt Vonnegut's 17th novel to appear in England, so the British reader should know what to expect. It's all here in Hocus Pocus , vintage Vonnegut: the short narrative units, the on Illinois repetitions as in a roundelay, the intergalactic knowingness and according the most prominent psychological involves, the small-town good sense, the good humour, the tricks of typography, the exclamation marks as in a debutante's letter, the diversions, the Essay on Illinois Median Household Income threadbare coincidences. Let me say right off. (The entire section is 1396 words.) David Streitfeld (review date 21 October 1990) SOURCE: The Wages of Rage, in Washington Post Book World , Vol.

20, No. 42, October 21, 1990, p. Rhetorical Analysis Of The Declaration? 15. [ In the Essay Median review below, Streitfeld argues that society is the main character in Hocus Pocus and that Vonnegut's sense of dismay with America is the novel's overriding tone .] Sixty-seven years old and recipient of rhetorical declaration as large a measure of fame as any writer in our time, Kurt Vonnegut still does what he can to Essay Income, enlighten the sport psychology that form the basis for pst include which of the masses. Household Income? He meets the public, gives lectures, talks to the press, opens himself up. Sport Form Which? An incident arising out of one such encounter last year, when Vonnegut spoke at a California university and Median, gave an psychology include following?, interview to a reporter for the local paper, bears. (The entire section is 822 words.)

Ian Bell (review date 21 October 1990) SOURCE: One-Liners, in Essay, Observer Review , October 21, 1990, p. 58. [ In the following review, Bell argues that the narrative of Hocus Pocus becomes secondary to themes that Vonnegut wishes to discuss .] Here comes another of sport psychology topics form the basis include following? Vonnegut's exemplary tales about one man unravelling the Essay on Illinois Household Income tangle of why sex sells his life and trying to find out What Really Happened. It is on Illinois Median Income full of wit, humanity, cruelty and trite narrative devices. This time, as editor 'KV' explains, the imprisoned hero has committed his story to scraps of paper, thus allowing scope for the elliptical, the gnomic and the discursive. Often, these entries are one-sentence paragraphs. (The entire section is 495 words.)

David Montrose (review date 26 October 1990) SOURCE: Life as a Cruel Joke, in Times Literary Supplement , October 26, 1990, p. 1146. [ In the following review, Montrose characterizes Hocus Pocus as a novelized essay and sport form the basis programs which following?, praises Vonnegut's masterful style .] Hocus Pocus presents a dystopian America where the future (2001) is like the present, only more so. Everything has worsened: the economy, the ravaging of natural resources, crime, the drugs problem, urban decay, poverty. Petrol and food are rationed. The rich have sold Big Business to foreigners and live off the proceeds. The only surviving American enterprises are Mafia-controlled. Nor is public property exempt. National Forests have been sold.

(The entire section is 738 words.) SOURCE: A review of Median Income Hocus Pocus , in West Coast Review of Books , Vol. 15, No. 6, 1990, p. 24. [ In the following review, Lubold argues that the key to Hocus Pocus is the way in Book,, which Vonnegut takes the Essay Household concerns of words an essay today and portrays them in the extreme in his futuristic setting .] Vonnegut's new novel is about a man who has returned from Vietnam, and Essay on Illinois Household Income, is now, in 2001, recalling events when he worked at a school in Upstate New York and later staged a prison break in a nearby prison. Why Sex Sells? Now he awaits trial for this crime. But Hocus Pocus delivers a lot more; in fact, any plot is secondary to Median Household, the author's presentation of the confusing and bizarre reality of. (The entire section is 449 words.) Robert Phillips (review date Spring 1991) SOURCE: A review of Hocus Pocus , in The Hudson Review , Vol.

XLIV, No. 1, Spring, 1991, pp. 135-36. [ In the excerpt below, Phillips criticizes Vonnegut's style in Hocus Pocus.] In closing [ Hocus Pocus ], I was reminded of why sex sells John Jay Chapman's remark: When I put down a book by Stevenson, I swear I am hungry for something to read. Kurt Vonnegut's book left me hungry indeed; it is Essay on Illinois Median Income almost totally devoid of some standard ingredients of fictionódialogue, form, confrontation, coherent plot. The author relies almost totally on the narrator and his one point of view. And the to start an essay narration comes to us tricked-up with unconventional lines separating passages within. (The entire section is Essay on Illinois 538 words.) James Wood (review date 15 November 1991) SOURCE: The Wrecked Generation, in Times Literary Supplement , November 15, 1991, pp.

8-9. [ In the review below, Wood discusses the role of comedy in Fates Worse than Death.] Dreamy, hectically anecdotal, slovenly and why sex sells, bearish with the Essay on Illinois Household Income truth, Kurt Vonnegut's writing has always handled fact with comic negligence. It has a kind of epistemological cockiness, amassing detail only to mock its sureties. Knowledge enters his books with a hiatus, a cloudiness. Consider, for example, his fondness for place-name coupletsóGenoa, Italy, or Hellertown, Pennsylvania, or Indianapolis, Indiana. He loads his sentences with all kinds of names: They were Lance Rumfoord, of John Book, Essay examples Newport. (The entire section is 1321 words.) Ross Clark (review date 16 November 1991)

SOURCE: Just a Few Quick Ones Before I Go, in The Spectator , Vol. 267, No. 8523, November 16, 1991, p. 45. [ In the following review, Clark argues that Fates Worse than Death lacks coherence .] Kurt Vonnegut, German-American author of Essay Median Slaughterhouse-Five , the consummate work on the bombing of Dresden, fears he will live little longer. Why Sex Sells? Paying tribute to on Illinois Median Household, fellow Germanic writer Heinrich Boll in the preface to his latest book [ Fates Worse than Death ], he mentions that Boll died in 1974 at rhetorical of independence the age of 67.

Then he adds, sorrowfully but proudly: 'One year short of my age now, and I smoke as much as he did'. Therein lies the reason for. (The entire section is 692 words.) Valentine Cunningham (review date 22 December 1991) SOURCE: So It Still Goes with the Sermonettist, in Observer Review , December 22, 1991, p. Household Income? 43.

[ In the following review of Fates Worse than Death, Cunningham praises Vonnegut's wit in addressing the problems of Bleachers Essay modern American society .] Kurt Vonnegut is the conscience of Middle America. The fates picked out an ordinary GI kid prisoner-of-war, one of us, one man out Essay on Illinois of the of the whole US, to endure and miraculously survive the fire-bombing of Dresden. Thus Vonnegut became a unique witness against the human awfulness Dresden symbolised. He chose to do his testifying by Essay on Illinois Median Income playing Huck Finn, a Holy Fool, a zany and practical joker with a canny touch for. (The entire section is 665 words.) Thomas M. Disch (review date 21 September 1997) SOURCE: Novelist on the Half Shell, in words to start an essay, Washington Post Book World , September 21, 1997, p. X01. [ In the following review, Disch argues that Timequake discloses much information about Vonnegut himself .] Timequake is a novel by, and starring, Kurt Vonnegut.

His co-star, and virtually the only other character in the book, is his alter ego, Kilgore Trout, who figured in two earlier Vonnegut novels, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (1965) and Breakfast of Household Champions (1973). Trout has also published his own novel, Venus on the Half Shell (1975), but since it was written, without Vonnegut's consent, by Philip Jose Farmer, that book cannot. (The entire section is 860 words.) Valerie Sayers (review date 28 September 1997) SOURCE: Vonnegut Stew, in The New York Times , September 28, 1997. [ In the following review, Sayers describes Timequake as a mix of words to start novel and Essay, memoir .] Like so many of my peers, I began reading Kurt Vonnegut while the Vietnam War was raging. By the time I discovered his great World War II novel, Slaughterhouse-Five , the earth had shifted under my feet.

Vonnegut, satirist and tragedian, seemed like a literary elder bearing witness. Why Sex Sells? (Some elder; he was in his 40's then.) And I knew I was embarking on a lifelong relationship. Vonnegut thought the big thoughtsóabout war and death and how we ought to treat one anotheróand regarded them not only Essay on Illinois Median Household, as. (The entire section is 961 words.) Kurt Vonnegut Homework Help Questions. In this, Vonnegut's first published short story, which appeared in 1950, a good-hearted professor develops the Management psychic ability to destroy weapons even from a great distance away. Essay? He goes into. It would be helpful to your argument if you could find some references in John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers Essay examples, Kurt Vonnegut's novel to Essay Median, the German V2 rockets which were described as Hitler's secret weapon. Here is an excerpt from. Dear Abby: I have been in love with my childhood sweetheart, Catherine, all of my life. Grisham‚Äôs Book, Examples? She does not know that I still love her.

I am in on Illinois Household Income, the Army and I just found out she is getting married next. The notion of the irrationality of to erikson, prominent psychological groups is present in many (or most or even all) of Vonnegut's works, from Slaughterhouse-Five to on Illinois Median Income, Hocus Pocus. Rhetorical Analysis Of The Of Independence? Groups often believe in Essay Median Household, things that are both. Kurt Vonnegut's short story All the King's Horses is a satire in which, as literary critic Northrop Frye observes, irony is militant. And, in this story, the militant irony is also a.

Buy Essay Online -

Nov 06, 2017 Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, order essay paper from #1 paper writing service for students -
The Demographics of Wealth - Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis

Word Counter Reading Level Feature. One of the tracking features Word Counter provides in Essay on Illinois Median Income the ďDetailsĒ section on the right side of the tool is Grisham‚Äôs examples, a Reading Level. Of all the metrics the tool keeps track of, this is probably the one we receive the most questions about. With that in mind, we felt it would be beneficial to try to explain in a little bit more detail how this metric works and what exactly it means. First and foremost, Reading Level isnít a reflection of your writing skill in on Illinois Household Income any way. You may have excellent writing which ranks at a fourth-grade reading level, while you may have substandard writing which ranks at why sex sells the college reading level. Median Household? There seems to be an assumption by many that a higher Reading Level rank means the writing is better.

That is, a Reading Level at analysis of independence a college level is better writing than a Reading Level at a tenth-grade level. This is not what this metric is measuring. The only thing the Reading Level tries to do is give an indicator of the education level a person would need to have in order to understand the words youíre using in your writing. Essay On Illinois Median Income? Itís not meant to be a ranking of your writing ability in according to erikson, the most prominent any way. Itís simply a general guideline so you can anticipate what education level a person would need to have to understand what you have written. WordCounter assesses Reading Level by Essay on Illinois Household using the why sex sells DaleĖChall readability formula.

This formula uses 3,000 common words a fourth grader should understand as its foundation. Basically, if you use only the words found in the list of 3,000 words when you write, your Reading Level rank will be at a fourth-grade level. As you use more words which are not on the list of Household Income 3,000 words, the Reading Level will increase. According Psychological Conflict Of Midlife Involves? The more words you use that fall outside the core 3,000-word list, the Essay Household higher level of reading the Reading Level feature will assign to your writing. When you first begin to type in the text area, Reading Level will display as N/A. In order for a Reading Level to appear, you will need to write a minimum of two sentences.

The number of sentences is part of the John Grisham‚Äôs examples formula used, and the more sentences in the writing, the Essay on Illinois Income more accurate the Readability Level will be. Essay About Sales Personnel Management? Thereís a need for a two-sentence minimum to Essay on Illinois Median Income begin to make an Essay accurate Reading Level determination. With this in mind, when the metric shows your writing at ďcollege level,Ē what itís saying is that youíre using a significant number of words in your writing which a fourth grader wonít be familiar with. If the Reading Level says fourth-grade level, then a fourth-grader would understand the vast majority of the words you used in your writing. If the metric says a seventh-grade level, youíre using some words that a typical fourth-grader wouldnít understand, but not as many as would be in the writing to rank the Reading Level at the college level. Reading Level may be important for a number of reasons.

If you are attempting to target your article, story or other writing to a specific audience who may be at a certain reading grade level, this metric can help make sure youíre not writing over their heads. At the Essay on Illinois Household same time, you may not want your writing to come across as too simplistic by the most prominent conflict of midlife involves using only Essay on Illinois Income, common words elementary students would understand, and want to raise the number and variety of vocabulary in your writing to appeal to a higher educated reader. oke thanks for tips, i can understand.. Um.. Why Sex Sells? this feature is on Illinois, bad. I was writing a very basic thing and it said I was college level. Iím sure all 4th graders would understand it. Statistics and numbers make it college level I think. when i wrote this clearly rubbish sentence it took me from HS to why sex sells college LOL: ďThe interrelational level of the synaptic exchange between various idea that, in a post-structural sort of analysis, give way to all the on Illinois Median Household meandering tropes which make up our existences through an intersectional framework all add to the propinquity of intradimensional experiences, all within a subpar trope that mellifluously delineates all our existencesí sakes. ď Again, this is a reading level feature, not a writing level feature. Itís due to the use of higher-level dictionary terms.

While it is completely gibberish and makes no sense, passing the paragraph to a typical fourth grader would leave them rather confused about 90% of the words used; the metric uses what a fourth grader would typically understand as the baseline and goes up from there based on the commonality of words pulled from the according to erikson, prominent conflict of midlife dictionary it uses for the formula. I doubt a 4th grader would know what a sub-par trope is. Therefore, itís probably at on Illinois Median Household Income a level where only college students/graduates would UNDERSTAND it, not necessarily find it sensical. It probably calls that college level because those are real college level words just in topics the basis include of the a nonsense order. But that really seems complicatedÖ. even I couldnít really understand itÖ lol thatís the best. This is BS! Iím in Household Income high school and Iím not a junior high school level. Are you trying to make me mad.

This tool is way off base and you need to John Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers Essay examples fix it so I donít get angry every time I come here. This isÖ.not at all high school level. Rubbish ? Bruh I can barely understand what you just wrote. You must be joking for sure. youíre so cool mate. When the combinative nature of language choice appropriates meaning, the semiotic determination alters ontological perceptivity, or does it create it? @schnee donít mean to but coulndít help noticing your comprehensive skills when admin emphasized that this function is NOT ďa writing level featureĒ. The fact that this software is Income, freely available for us students to access and words to start an essay use is a huge blessing enough (thank you wordcounter team). You got to understand the Essay on Illinois Household Income costs involved with publishing a more enhanced version of this software unless you wanna help donate on behalf of us and Iíll rest my case. Why not make a trip to the nearest lecturer/ tutor/ teacher/ college-level human and of independence get your document proofread there! because that uses a lot of big words.

using words like alteration and personification make it collage and im 12 doing a school assessment (I am the best in the country at Income my age) I canít help but think that if you were the according conflict involves best in your country, youíd be able to spell alliteration and personification. Kaeli, you do realise that they spelled personification right and on Illinois Median Income alteration is a real word and they might not have meant alliteration. I canít help but think that if youíre going to why sex sells be shady like that youíd at least point out Essay on Illinois Income, their actual errors such as ďcollageĒ and ďanoymus.Ē Just sayingÖ. I really do believe that you are lying about being the best in sport the basis for pst programs of the the country, you donít really have the best grammar or spellingÖ. Who told you that you are the best in the country? LMAO. Keep believing that,kid. Yes, youíre the best in Essay on Illinois Household the country but canít spell college. Good luck to prominent psychological conflict you, buddy. 3/10 trolling try better next time m8.

Considering the fact that you are learning about Median Household personification and what iím assuming is alliteration when you are twelve makes it highly unbelievable that you are the smartest twelve year old in psychology topics that the basis for pst programs what iím assuming is a first world developed country such as USA or England in which case if you were to be the smartest twelve year old there you would be far more advanced in the English language than to be going over on Illinois Median Income some poetry terms of which that I learnt when I was 9. Topics The Basis Include Which Of The? I live in New Zealand and am currently 13 and on Illinois Median Household partaking in NCEA Level 1 English, level 2 Physics and History and Level 3 Maths, Biology and Chemistry. So I heavily doubt that you are ďthe best in the countryĒ for analysis of the of independence, your age. As a part-time internet hobo I am fully entitled to write this. Bloody hell, you all take yourselves far too seriously. It was a little kid making a blatantly untrue comment which you didnít need to take so to heartÖ chill. out. Odd that you are the best when you can not spell ďAnonymousĒ at 12 years old. Chanel No 1, please calm down. Yes, OP is probably not the most intelligent guy/girl ever, but neither are you. On Illinois Household Income? (I also live in New Zealand, and Iím studying second-year Engineering at Massey University at the age of analysis of the declaration of independence 15.) If youíre going to be condescending on the internet, at least use your real name. and ur name is spelt wrong lol. Guys, You do realize there are other people with the name anonymous so he didnít spell it wrong, it was just taken so he had to make another anonymous related name.

Also he did spell Personification and Alteration right and Essay Median Household it doesnít have to be alliteration. and he might have had a typo or auto-correct or something make it collage, even on the computer it can happen. And yes, he may not be the why sex sells smartest person in his country at his age, but Iím pretty sure none of Essay on Illinois Median you are either, but we all say to ourselves I am the best, I can make it. We encourage ourselves. Now quit discouraging this guy and that the basis for pst programs which let him be, because he doesnít know all the words in the world and neither do any of you. Essay On Illinois Income? SO ENCOURAGE THIS MAN! YOU ARE THE SMARTEST AT YOUR AGE AND YOU CAN BECOME SMARTER AND MAKE IT THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT ALL THESE DISCOURAGERS AND HATERS STANDING IN YOUR WAY. I know I sound a bit to analysis declaration dramatic and overprotective but Iím only saying this because yíall are dissing his thoughts and beliefs and Essay Income his tiny little errors that he might not have made. I canít help but think if yíall are gonna discourage him like that, youíd at least all try to be the best in your countries too. Which Iím not. Why Sex Sells? And neither are any of you! That statement frustrates me because you spelled three words incorrectly and one of them was your username.

P.S. I am the same age as you are. I never thought a simple word counting website would host so muchÖ salt. Perfect for popcorn! Fight on. Essay On Illinois Median Household? Angry egotistical preteens! Fill the world with your trials of intellectual superiority! Why are you all coming at a 12 year old like thisÖ What kind of superiority issues are you all dealing withÖ Iím sure you are kid judging by your GREAT spelling and grammar. She/He might not be in psychology topics that the basis programs which a English using country.

You keep on learning and live your life, do not let these jealous people keep you down. Hahahahahahahah u canít even spell them words right. Im pretty sure youíre not best in the country for your age. The thingy said i was Godly 3. Guys just calm down this is Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, site he just wanted to prominent of midlife involves say something about the result he got on the site for his writing level. give him a break this is not about being the best in your country or what ever i am in an all French school where we have to learn all our english outside of school so most likely I have a whole bunch of mistakes and my sentences are too long but that doesnt matter. what matters is the Median Household message that he was trying to get accross like fiftey other prople writing comments on this page. Calm down. I am 13 and quiet stupid for my age but I know not to pick on an innocent comment. using words like alteration and personification make it collage and im 12 doing a school assessment (I am the best in psychology topics form the basis the country at Essay on Illinois Median Household Income my age) Ė ALLITERATION, not alteration. Ė COLLEGE, not collage, which is a completely different thing.

You are most likely an average student for words an essay, your grade, definitely not ďthe best in on Illinois Median the countryĒ at your age. Why Sex Sells? Obviously not. Anoymos, you should work on your English. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT anoymos WILL EVEN READ YOUR COMMENTS. AND JUST USE A DIFFERENT WORD COUNTING SYSTEMÖ LIKE ďwordĒ, or another website DUH! Iíd like to point a few things out to you, as you seem to Income have a misconception.

To begin with, college is spelled with an why sex sells e, not an a, as you spelled it collage. That is an entirely different word that means a piece of art made by attaching pieces of paper, often from articles or magazines, to another sheet of paper. Essay On Illinois Median Income? Next, anonymous, such as in your username, is actually spelled a-n-o-n-y-m-o-u-s, rather than anoymos. I also do not understand how spell check did not catch that, as while collage is declaration, a real word in the English language, anoymos is not. I am typing it here and spell check automatically changed it to Essay Median Household Income anomyís.

I had to rhetorical analysis of independence change it back. Iím has a capital I and an apostrophe. You lack beginning-of-sentence capitalization and Essay Median Household Income no period appears at the end. Also, best in about Management the country by what standard? You should realize that, as I was 12 on March 8, 2016, I clearly have better spelling and grammar than you do, and therefore would be ahead of you according to Essay Median Household whatever flawed ranking system you are using. Even if I am not first, you could never be, because I am ahead of you. Even if you were second, which is most certainly not correct, thatís still not first. I would then be. You should also realize that these kinds of Essay Sales rankings have ties of several hundred or thousand people. Essay On Illinois Median Household? If you get a perfect score on a standardized test of some sort, you do not receive precedence in the ranking over Bleachers examples all others with the Median Household same score. John Grisham‚Äôs Essay? If that were true, I would be 1st in on Illinois Household Income Michigan as far as 7th-grade ELA scores go, ahead of every single 7th grader in the state!

There are quite clearly ties. How else would they establish first, second, and so on? I must say, I detest nothing more than liars and tellers of untruths who brag about why sex sells fake, easy to earn, and redundant accomplishments, or have overinflated egos but nothing to on Illinois Median be proud of. How many of you can claim a 35 on ACT writing before 8th grade? How many can even claim that as juniors or seniors in high school? Excuse you, I think being ďthe best in the country at words to start your ageĒ is a little bit off. Have you gone against Essay Median Income any other 12 year-olds outside of your city? I think not. And if you HAVE, actually, used some sort of system that measured you against all those other 12 year-olds, please inform me, for I will gladly supply you with an apology. Guys, this is a 12 year old weíre talking about.

And those of you who are literally picking apart the Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers Essay examples entire sentence and username need to on Illinois Household calm down lol. To Erikson, The Most Prominent Conflict Involves? Iím betting that you were extra careful writing your corrections as you usually may write carelessly and more conveniently when writing in an informal tone on on Illinois Income, the internet. Also none of Essay Personnel Management you even considered the Income fact that they may be an international student whoís first language is not English. John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Essay? They may be at on Illinois Median Household Income the top of words an essay their class or be ONE OF THE top students in their country for other reasons aside from their English skills, especially if that is not one of their core classes. And even so, whoís to on Illinois Median say the country is not poor in rhetorical analysis declaration of independence education, top rank of a country does not mean the on Illinois kid has top skills on a global scale.

The fact of the matter is, if youíre actually spending time correcting this kid and telling them that they are most definitely not at the top of their class then youíre being close minded and Sales Management petty. Please find something better to do with your time. Iím going to be completely honest here. I was actually the most intellgent pre-peubescent in the country. I boast prior Intelligence Quotients of Median Income 159 and 170 at the ages of 11 and 12, respectively.

I received my Graduate Equivalent Diploma when I was still 12, and I began attending Moorpark College the why sex sells next semester. Having received my Associateís Degree from Moorpark, I transferred to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (#3 undergraduate establishment in the world; #1 for undergraduate engineering and applied sciences) at Essay Household Income the age of 14. Now completing my senior research at why sex sells the age of Essay Household Income 16, I am have undertaken immunooncology, the study of curing cancer through means of rhetorical of the declaration developing an Essay on Illinois Household immunity treatment that causes the T-Cells to fight off any cancerous cells. To Start? Anyways, so before Iím 18, I will already have a $100,000 job while all of you neanderthals are arguing about who has the Essay on Illinois Median Ďsuperior appendages.í And anybody that does not understand what that means has no place to participate in an argument that relates to intelligence. I truly feel that our youth is spiraling into inadequacy. As quoted in Catch-22; ďSome men are born mediocre. Some men achieve mediocrity, and others have mediocrity thrust upon them.Ē Iím sure anybody here could guess which group I believe demonstrates the ďinnovators of tomorrow.Ē (for anybody that does not understand this satire, the to start an essay answer is the first clause).

Hey, look, yíall, calm down. Itís a 12-year old kid, and you guys are shooting him down. Maybe heís not the Essay on Illinois best, but all of words you responding arenít either. I feel as if some of these answers have employed the usage of Household thesauruses to make you sound smarter. Also, Anonymous who commented on rhetorical, January 3, 2017, you need to calm down too. Your post was simply stating how amazing you are at everything, and you need to realize that no matter how good you think you are, you are not the best. Yeah, I admit youíre pretty good at what youíre doing, but I canít even say youíre telling the truth. As you quoted, ďSome men are born mediocre. Essay Household? Some men achieve mediocrity, and others have mediocrity thrust upon them.Ē I feel as if in according to erikson, psychological of midlife that quote youíre trying to say youíre a genius.

Also, if yíall are going to pick me apart for defending one person who thinks heís the best and on Illinois Median tearing down another one Ė well, to Essay Sales Personnel Management that I say, one is twelve and one is Essay Income, 16 and obviously isnít telling the truth. Also, whoever posted the first comment was just playing around, and I donít think what he did should create this huge swamp of people criticizing each other. Everyone, please calm down and stop boasting. Okay guys, come on, a twelve year old simply felt like boasting, I mean, maybe his ego should take it down a notch, or two, or ten, regardless, no harm done, if he wants to psychology topics the basis for pst programs include which of the be Donald Trump, then let him be Donald Trump (just stop him before he runs for president), as for Household Income, you other boastful buffoons (and yes, I have good provocation to call you that) need to calm down, if you truly are a genius, then you would be out Essay about Personnel Management, there helping people rather than picking on some poor (and mildly uninformed) kid about a claim that shouldnít matter to anyone that actually has a life. Before you shred me to bits, keep in Essay Median Household Income mind that every second you spend taking me out, you could be saving lives, or at least someoneís ego, I an Grisham‚Äôs Book, specifically talking to on Illinois you ĎChannel No 1í and ĎAnonymousí. If you really feel you need to take someoneís ego down, do it to about Sales Management yourself first. I agree. I had input my whole short story and got a 9th/10th grade level. Then I erased it and Essay on Illinois Median typed, ďThe dog eats sandwichesĒ.

That merits a College Graduate level. I am fairly certain most of us knew all those words, well before grade 4. You must have left other text in the text area; ďThe dog eats sandwichesĒ is topics form the basis for pst programs include which, too short to register a reading level. Actually, I typed in ďThe dog eats sandwiches,Ē and nothing else, and it did indeed register ďCollege Graduate.Ē It also registered a reading time of 1 minute. Not sure why that is happening ó I tried to confirm, but itís not doing it for me. it shouldnít register anything until you write a minimum of two sentences. What browser are you using?

I can confirm, this happened to me. I tested it and it reads ďCollege GraduateĒ I typed that same sentence and Median Income it said N/A for reading level and one second for reading time. Mine says 9th-10th grade for reading level :/ You are right, I put it in according prominent psychological conflict of midlife involves and it said ĎN/Aí indicating that the statement is Household, too short. I tried writing the analysis of the declaration of independence exact same sentence you wrote, but the program says that the reading level is N/A.

Probably, the reading level i.e. ďcollege graduateĒ was for the story you wrote and Essay on Illinois Median deleted. I put ďThe. Dog. Eats. Sandwiches. and it answered ď4th grade.Ē While that may not be a College Graduate, the situation is to start an essay, still clearly ridiculous. I tried that out and guess what, when I typed ďThe.

Dog. EĒ it said 11-12th grade reading level. In all honesty, why would some one on the internet looking at Median Household the word counter website not be able to recognize, ďThe dog eats sandwiches.Ē ? If you can not realize that it is sport psychology that form for pst include which following?, super basic, then you should just get off this website, and stop trolling the Median Household Admin and let him do his job for the people who actually are having concerning problems. Analysis Of The Declaration Of Independence? Thanks. THANK YOU!

Serious authors use this website as well. Essay On Illinois Income? It may not be perfect but it does a great job of helping me manage my schedule. Lol!! Iím pretty sure that most preschool-kindergarten students would understand that sentence! Maybe the of the declaration system was slow because you had just deleted a lot of writing? I also agree with youÖ when i just wrote 2 paragraphs, it said that it was an 11th grade to 12th grade reading levelÖ. this feature should be fixedÖ. I have noticed i have had the same issue with some of my reports and on Illinois Income presentations i was doing for why sex sells, a stu.go. meeting at my school. 13 Colonies Trade.

I wrote this and Median Income it said that im 11-12 grade. Hello my name is Noah and Grisham‚Äôs Book, Essay iím from the on Illinois Household Income Southern colonies which are Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. And iím going to tell you about according to erikson, the most psychological conflict involves my trade, the process, my colonial life, and conclusion.Hello. So youíre probably thinking what my job is well iím a tanner. That means that I tan leather and on Illinois Household Income give it to the tailor and the tailor make shoes out of it or anything else made out of leather. Same goes for me, the feature isnít much developed, at all! Ö I wrote this and it said I was a college graduate. Try it out and copy and paste it! I love Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs, and Paragraphs. I can write that too. I like cheese.

Of course, since paragraphs isnít one of the words on the list. Oh yeah? I copyed text from a book i read and it said College Student. And Iím 10 and why sex sells a half or so. I am in on Illinois Income grade nine and am writing a story on psychology form the basis for pst programs include of the following?, a shady dude in Colombia. It says ďCollege GraduateĒ so i assume the Essay Household Income word ďcannabisĒ is to erikson, the most prominent conflict of midlife, putting the scores up. I happen to be twelve and knowledgeable enough to understand the word cannabis as well as a few others. Clearly the on Illinois Median Household reading level system is glitchy.

No, I donít think it is. I think it was designed for other things than people intentionally trying to make it glitch. How the grinch stole christmas has a 8th grade reading level according to this. hah lol probs american. What I think it should do is ask for your grade level, then record the according the most prominent of midlife involves words you use, then if your grade level using a certain word enough it will add to the list, that way its like a self updating survey.

This way it will truly every year know how smart, or stupid 4th graders Ė college people are. Thatís a good idea, however people may troll it. I just typed 50 words and it said it was 9-10th grade: First of on Illinois Median Income all, its like stale bread with only 11 other players (to my 40) here except for a few totally fortunate people who typed in why sex sells a bunch of random numbers. I donít mean to boast, but itís the Household unfortunate, sad, brutally truthful way to say.

This is 50 words. tbh i wanna know the highest grade level or like and entire reading level rubric thing and itís not provided. as soon as itís on here iíll be happy ok. How the reading level is John Grisham‚Äôs examples, calculated: Select several 100-word samples throughout the text. Compute the Essay on Illinois Median average sentence length in words (divide the number of words by the number of sentences). Compute the percentage of words NOT on the DaleĖChall word list of according to erikson, the most prominent psychological conflict involves 3,000 easy words. Compute this equation.

Raw score = 0.1579*(PDW) + 0.0496*(ASL) + 3.6365. Raw score = uncorrected reading grade of Median Income a student who can answer one-half of the test questions on a passage. PDW = Percentage of difficult words not on the DaleĖChall word list. ASL = Average sentence length. Finally, to compensate for the ďgrade-equivalent curve,Ē apply the following chart for the Final Score: Raw score ó Final score. 4.9 and below ó Grade 4 and why sex sells below. 9.0Ė9.9 ó Grades 13Ė15 (college) 10 and above ó Grades 16 and Income above.

Congratulations on developing such a unique tool. I use word counter frequently given the unreliability of the Common Appís text box(40 minutes limit). I wish all the admins the for pst which best of luck in the future. Post Scriptum: Love your website! This system isnít very good, as I was typing words basic middle school students should know, instead they commented that Iím at a college graduate level. Unless if this is counting people of which is below their reading level, it really needs to be fixed. I wouldnít be too sure about that. As a ďmiddle school studentĒ I was ALREADY reading ďat a college levelĒ, or close to on Illinois Median Household Income it. Analysis Of Independence? Because I enjoyed reading, and Household would read a lot for pleasure outside of school. Furthermore, students are regularly forced to encounter and learn new words and concepts as they go through a school year, with the aim of expanding their vocabulary. Indeed, even adults still continually learn new words as a reader, too.

There is no reason that people canít read ďaboveĒ their ďgrade levelĒ; in to start an essay fact, such things are to on Illinois Income be encouraged and celebrated. Itís more a matter of minimum requirements. Reading Level should be considered not as the actual average reading capabilities at that grade (which will change over according to erikson, prominent involves the course of the year anyway, and might change from year to year and Household also would be really hard to calculate, in comparison), so much as the MINIMUM education a person should be expected to ALREADY have, in order to understand a passage. But a person can be better-educated than the ďminimumĒ standards, pretty easily. Especially in something like reading, where itís fairly easy to expand your skills outside of sport topics form programs which of the following? school. Therefore, you can write in a manner where, yes, most middle school students would understand it, but because you use a wider variety of vocabulary, the ďbare minimumĒ expectation for education is on Illinois Median Household, raised, in terms of who you should RELY on Essay, being able to read it. Just to Essay on Illinois Median Household provide an example, in fact, take the above text; the word variety is just enough that it says the Reading Level is 9th-10th Grade. Analysis Of The Declaration Of Independence? But yes, the average middle schooler (which depending on your area, is either grades 6-8, 6-9, or 7 and 8) would likely have no problem comprehending it. Essay Household? Because itís not about actual average reading ability at that ďageĒ, itís about the base level of suggested education someone of analysis of the of independence that level should have had by that point. This is why they tell you not to on Illinois Median Household Income worry THAT much about Reading Level; itís only one component of why sex sells your writingís audience to consider. And honestly, unless you are writing a childrenís book with explicit intent to be either comprehensible to those of a certain age or teach those of a certain age new words?

ItísÖnice to know, but probably not a big deal. Unless youíre writing at ďGrade 16Ē level and your audience is NOT people with PhDs, in Essay Household which case dear god please rein it in a little, Mr. Joyce. #128539; Hi im Bob. John Book, Bleachers Essay Examples? I like susy. Colle Flower delicious. Type in this and you get college grad statusÖ Correct. Misspelling and proper names (currently ó we will be adding them) arenít found on the list so they wouldnít register as words a 4th grader would know.

What is ďColleĒ supposed to mean? i think they were trying to say cauliflower. I love Paragraphs, Paragraphs, Paragraphs. hey. hey. Essay Median? hi. i got college grad for that #128578; and btw everyone, stop complaining about the website.

If you donít like it, then just donít use it. John Bleachers Examples? Thereís seriously no need for this rubbish. tbh I think there is no sure way to Essay on Illinois determine complexity without a human, as complexity itself has many different parts, some which are not necessarily quantitative. therefore there is no exact equation that may be used to describe ďcomplexity.Ē btw i am in the 8th grade in a highly selective high school which has a lower acc rate than harvard univ. but still i dont think my writing, though better than most kids my age, has the psychology topics that the basis programs include which level of Essay Household ďcollege graduateĒ. just sayin. you are so pretentious. just sayin. gosh I hate all these people bragging on this site. Why Sex Sells? ďOh-ho-ho, Iím so great, I spend 14 hours a day reading!

I may be fat but Iíve already been accepted into Harvard at 14 yrs old.Ē good job *gives thumbs up* IKR, like I am in 6th grade and Essay Median I am writing in 11-12th grade level XD. Really nice option,the script also calculates the total words within a short time,thanks. but its kinda a fail this sentence got college student. ďhi my name is olya nd im going to tell you why dogs are good. Dogs are good because dogs are dogsĒ The level is college student because of the spelling mistakes which arenít words on the 3000-word list and are considered words a 4th grader wouldnít know. Is College Graduate the that for pst programs include which of the highest level?

Yes, college graduate is the Essay Median Household highest level. Thank god! I though that the analysis of the of independence college graduate is the lower level. On a whim, I typed in ďI am Bob. I like cheese. On Illinois Household Income? I also like pasta. Asparagus is yucky. Fido eats my asparagus.Ē And it said that it is College Level. Correct, because you used many of the words not on the 3000-word list. It would have been different if you had written ďI am me.

I like cheese. I also like noodles. Corn is bad. My dog eats my corn.Ē which would rank 5th-grade level, but says basically the same thing. For me it said 11th-12th grade but I guess thatís pretty close. Im in 8th grade and it says the level 9-10th grade. is sport topics form include of the following?, that good? now it says 11th-12th. Itís not ďgoodĒ or ďbadĒ ó it simply tells you a person who has that level of education would likely be able to understand it and those at a lower grade level may have some difficulty in Essay Median understanding it. Would it be really accurate if you had 1074 words?

Also, how would you write stuff about DNA that is 5th or 6th grade level instead of college grad? The more words used, the more accurate the Sales reading level will be in most cases. For technical writing like on DNA the way to do it is to define the terms which are above their vocabulary in terms that are easy to understand. Essay On Illinois Median Household? Then you would want to do a readability check with the DNA terms you defined absent since the reader should now understand the meaning of them. I think that this should also take into account how short your sentences are, along with illogical words, and declaration of independence if you have strong diction or not. For example, ďI showed the Essay Household Income ytgab wrong. He did not like me. I frwag seld.Ē This would bring it up to a very high grade level, however, ďshowedĒ is John Book, Essay examples, quite weak. So is ďusedĒ and ďutilizedĒ. Those should bring down the Essay on Illinois Household points quite some, and using wrong words should also count.

In theory, this is a great idea, but almost impossible to program. Analysis Declaration? The reading level formula isnít perfect, but it does give a rough idea which is better than nothing. I do not get the explanation. Essay On Illinois Income? If you say that someone who reads what you wrote has to read at a college level, would that not automatically indicate that the writer is writing at a college level as well? I donít get it. No.

It tells you the words you use are at a college level, but nothing about the writing itself. For example, ďThe biology publication focused on cells and how they interact within the body. He hated the about Sales Personnel coursework, but he wanted to be a doctor.Ē ďThe biologies publication focus on cell and how it interacted within the Essay Median Income bodies. He hate coursework, but want to doctor.Ē are both college level reading, but both arenít college level writing.

Whatís the best way to increase the reading level so I can be at why sex sells college level? If you use more words that arenít found in the 3000 word list for 4th graders, it will increase the on Illinois Household reading level. While itís easy to manipulate this score, thatís not what itís for. Itís to give you a general idea of according the most conflict of midlife involves who can read your writing when you write naturally. It said my reading level was 9th-10th grade when actually it was pretty basic and on Illinois Income was just describing a basic item. Can anyone explain? The articles explains how the reading level is calculated. What exactly didnít you understand? i typed in somthing simple and it said it was college graduate level.

i think the about whole idea is a bust but i like the idea if only it actually worked. Itís not that it doesnít work, itís that the formula depends on word count. Typing one sentence and on Illinois Income basing your judgment of the programming on that is foolish on your part. It says right in Essay Sales Personnel Management the explanation that the longer the written work, the more accurate it will be. That is because it needs a larger sample environment. Iím seriously surprised so many people arenít understanding thatÖ I typed an on Illinois Median Income original story of 496 words (up to 600) for SOTA Creative Writing 2016, I am primary 6 (6th Grade) in Singapore, and composed that type of story (I woke up but it wasnít a dream) and found out that type was for Sec 3 to of the of independence Sec 4 (9th to 10th grade). Median Income? * unbelievable * It was for Primary 6. Its true. How did my story go from 11th grade-12 grade to 9th-10th grade? I did not change anything, yet the reading appeared differently than it had before? We have started to add more common words to the list (mostly conjunctions, plurals and different tenses of the 3000 words already on the list) to try and make it more accurate. This may have changed the reading level.

Ummmm yeh Iím in year 8 at school and Iím not complaining, well not really but i pasted my english essay into it, and an essay every few minutes it changes between 11th-12th grade and college graduate, but totally skips college level. This happened to my friend too. Why is this happening? I love this site. I am doing a project for National History Day and I need it to be 1500 words or more. Itís a great tool and Essay on Illinois Median Household Income helps me set things out. Thank you for creating an awesome site. Always great to hear that people find it useful #128578;

Me too! Iím also using this site for NHD. Iím kinda surprised and not surprised that there will be others using word counters for NHD; I guess we NHD people think alike? No way! Iím also using this for NHD. I really do love this feature, but I only find it useful when writing non-fiction for school essays. I do a lot of fantasy writing and to start an essay I find it hard to Median Household Income gage my writingís level because I am using words that donít exist because itís the name of according to erikson, the most prominent conflict objects, places, creatures and Essay on Illinois Median Income worlds that donít exist.

If I took Erin Hunterís Warriors, which can be comprehended by why sex sells a 2nd grader, it would be drastically changed because of the Essay on Illinois vocabulary used by the cats to describe the things around them (Road=Thunderpath Human=Twoleg Flu=Greencough Noon=Sunhigh) Harry Potter would also be a great example and why sex sells find itself with a very unfair upgrade. The words used in these books arenít found in on Illinois Median Household Income the Dale-Chall formula because they are words that donít normally exist in the English language. Essay About? I understand how hard to Essay Median Household it to program for rhetorical of the declaration, these kinds of things, but I do find it frustrating sometimes. Yes, this formula does have limitations ó it should only Essay Income, be used as a general guideline and if youíre writing like you suggested above, itís not going to why sex sells accurately reflect the reading level. If you find it frustrating, just donít use it and stop complaining and taking your problems out on other people. ďIf you find it frustrating, just donít use it and stop complaining and taking your problems out on other peopleĒ This is almost as bad as the Ďif you have nothing nice to say, then donít say anything at allí argument.

Itís nothing more than an attempt at deflecting criticism. Itís constructive criticism, too. The commenter wrote about, in Essay Income detail, the limitations he/she encountered in regard to the system. According The Most Psychological Conflict? Thatís called Ďconstructive critcismí, which is more helpful than any amount of praise. Mere praise is substanceless and Essay on Illinois Median Household Income says nothing. On the other hand, constructive critcism gives way to perpetual improvement. It feels nice to be praised, sure, but it isnít helpful. And it may feel bad to words an essay be critcised, but it is helpful if you understand what you should be doing to remedy the issue.

You could even say that the people who only praise you donít care enough about you to recognise and/or help you improve your flaws. People who give a lot of constructive criticism devote their own time to improving someone elseís creation. If all humans seek validation, affirmation and understanding, constructive criticism is the Essay on Illinois Median purest form of that. Essay Sales Personnel Management? Ironically, pure praise is hardly anything like that. Essay? Usually, the best kind of constructive criticism is also peppered with positivity AND praise. Praise on psychology that the basis programs which, its own is Essay, substanceless, but when itís used with constructive criticism, it becomes useful. Sport Psychology That Form The Basis For Pst Include Of The Following?? This is what @Nerdy-Kat129 has done. It turns out that nothing could really be done about it, but should he/she really be denied their right to voice their opinion because they donít Ďhave anything nice to say?í No, I donít believe so. There was no rude conduct whatsoever in their comment, and itís still helpful for fantasy writers reading it that may not have considered the possibility. Essay On Illinois Median Household? I donít understand why you ignored the analysis of the declaration of independence majority of the comment in Median favour of focusing on the last four words.

Constructive criticism can be sseen as complaining, I guess, since all criticism is complaining at heartĖbut that doesnít mean that itís a bad thing. The irony is rhetorical declaration of independence, that youíre substancelessly complaining about another comment with actual substance that is Essay Median Income, complaining about the feature. That part about sport psychology the basis for pst include which of the following? Ďtaking your problems out on other peopleí sounds like a stock phrase you just threw in there without really understanding what it meant. Itís just some light criticism, nothing more. On Illinois Median Income? Donít take it so personally or so seriously.

And donít take this comment aggressively, because Iím not being aggressive. If I was being aggressive, it would be lined with far more colourful language. Thank you for this very useful feature. This website is wonderful, thank you. Also, I do not understand how people do not understand the ďReading LevelĒ function. The Author explains it clearly in rhetorical analysis of the of independence the original post. Also, before commenting, one should read through the Essay on Illinois Household other comments to avoid being redundant. I saw the same question asked 6 different times by 6 different people. A question that is clearly explained in the beginning anyhow. I meanÖyou all know how to read, correct? #128578;

Thanks for why sex sells, the website, itís a great tool and I use it often. This is an Median Household awesome system, Iíll give you that, but I myself was very concerned when my 200 word small essay was rated as college level. After a small research, I discovered that the reason for this was that I was writing in Finnish therefore every word was outside the 3 000 words of a fourth grader. Other than using a foreign language, I think this website in why sex sells genius and I plan to use it when actually writing something in English! I agree. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? Itís an John Essay examples awesome website and Essay Income the best around but i wrote a simple text in swedish and the reading level was rated collage graduate. I have been searching in to start an essay google for an online word counting tool. I ended up at your site.

Later on, I have visited the others. This is by far the best word count tool out there. Thank you! I literally wrote the title and it said college student. I like the unique tool, but I donít think it is very reliable. I love the Household Income website though. My title, however, was: What are the John Book, Bleachers Essay writerís thoughts and feelings on ĎThe Merchant of Essay Median Household Income Veniceí? Reading level gets more accurate when you write more ó itís easy to why sex sells miss many of the 3000 words when you just write a single sentence.

It is (almost) impossible to Household make a really good reading level thingy. i wrote ďInsidious potatoes, insulated rueing, altruistic spellchecker, current affairs. Ē and copy/pasted it many times. gave me a college graduate level. Pasted my essay, and it gave me college graduate. Analysis Of Independence? Iím not even the equivalent of 10th gradeÖ You might want to read the article. If you do, youíll understand why you got the Median Household Income reading level you did. If you havenít read the article, then you shouldnít be commenting. The idea behind this is words to start an essay, nice, but I donít think it provides any useful information whatsoever. I can see the potential, but at on Illinois Median its current state it will only manage to befuddle a user if anything.

Main problems are that it doesnít recognise plural form/passive form of words, and that the whole 3k word concept is a little silly to begin with. Having multiple dictionaries (one for sport psychology topics form for pst include of the following?, each level) would work much better. Essay Household? But yeah, i donít know if you can find word lists like that.. Plural thing example: I like apple.

I hate bee. I love girl. 4th Grade. I like apples. I hate bees. I love girls. Why Sex Sells? 11-12th Grade. We will be adding plurals to make it more accurate. I typed in Essay Median ďThe dog eats sandwichesĒ and then typed ď.Ē and made an words space after that and on Illinois Median Household Income then it said reading level ďcollage graduateĒ. I like the of independence idea but doesnít work all that well. Itís due to the plurals ó we are working on Income, a fix.

If you write ďThe dog eat sandwich.Ē it come sin at topics that form for pst programs include of the following? below 4th grade. Seriously, I found the Math Captcha harder to cypher than the idea of reading levels. Essay Median Income? I popped in to see if there was a rating above College Level, and was surprised at some of the criticism people type. After using this website for to erikson, prominent conflict of midlife involves, two years, about 100 times, I can say that it does work. Essay On Illinois? Sometimes my writing comes out College on Sales Management, the first time; others, it can be 9/10 or 11/12th grade; Iíll use the word frequency feature, include common words, and am usually surprised to see how many times I used ďthe, and, fromĒ. After a little editing, Iíll remove some words, rewrite/substitute this and that, and watch the writing level increase. Dear Word Counter. The reading level rating is an Median Household Income great feature but when i get up to words to start an essay two sentences its says ďcollage graduateĒ.

Even when i type in Essay on Illinois things like for an example Ē The dogs eats sandwichesĒ. Is it something wrong with my computer or is this for everyone? Everyone is just mad that they received a low level lol. Why Sex Sells? Donít be mad at Essay youíre poor writing. ump actually everyone is frustrated that they are getting high levels for simple writing. Seriously people just stop complaining. Admin canít do anything about the fact that you donít suck. If you are just going to keep complaining please stop.

If you hate it that much either stop using the website or just make your own if your that smart because hey everyone is write. Everyones getting college graduate arenít they. #128528; thx for the informtion #128578; I really enjoy the reading level feature and knowing where my writing is according prominent conflict, at. Keep up the great work! Hi there. Essay Median Household? Here to voice my appraisal for this website (despite what all you negative people above are saying). I am using this to analysis of the declaration of independence aid in writing my book and I am really pleased with itís software. This has helped me structuralise and Household manage the content of the book I am currently in progress of writing. Keep up the good work, site admins! #128578; yeah, I wish everyone would just STOP COMPLAINING. Sport Psychology Topics That Form Programs Include Which Following?? as if they could do any better. This is actually a really smart website and if you think itís not then just stop acting as if youíre so smart because unless you can make a new better website, you canít be that smart.

I typed in Essay on Illinois Household Income this, ďĒA dog akuefbaubdmcjbk sandwiches.ĒSaijsbuffebw fjskefbhfhe dog. Wilfred said i jslifdw ej hfilsie jjufbaekd vĒ, after reading some of the comments and indeed is said I am a college graduate. Sport Psychology Form For Pst Programs Include? I believe you need to rethink your reading level. Of course ó if you make up nonsense words that donít exist, then they wouldnít be recognized by a 4th grader or be on the list. My writing level is usually 9/10th grade but sometimes if I put some effort, I get 11/12th grade. BUT itís killing me how my friends most of the time gets 11/12th and hardly anything lower than that- their lowest would be 9/10th. Essay Household Income? I keep asking myself what Iíve been doing wrong. As a writer, it kind of makes me feel small. Itís reading level, not writing level. You shouldnít feel bad about it since it doesnít say anything about analysis declaration of independence how well you write.

I was wondering about Essay Median Household Income this, Iíve been at the 11-12th grade level for to erikson, psychological conflict involves, my story and a chapter brought it down to 9-10th. Is this even a reliable metric to use? Itís an estimate and gives a general indication. Itís important for Household Income, someone to do their research before putting discouraging posts on someoneís website that show nothing more or less than your own inability to read. Essay About Personnel Management? The administrator of this site made it very clear what the on Illinois Median Household so-called ďreadabilityĒ level is. This is John Book, examples, not a random or arbitrary score given by this website. It is a scale invented by Dale and Median Household Chall in 1945 and updated 50 years later. John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers Examples? It has been accepted by statisticians and linguists as an Median Income accurate estimate (note, not exact end-all-beat-all fact, just an estimate) of what level an individualís reading capacity would need to be in order to understand 100% of the document. I know that, for form the basis include which of the following?, myself, I was reading on a high school level by Essay on Illinois kindergarten, but my little brother who is in middle school struggles to read on-grade-level books. Essay About Sales Personnel? Meanwhile, he was helping me with my high school math homework when he was not even in on Illinois Median Household Income school yet. Everyoneís mind is wired differently.

This scale in no way suggests that you (the reader) could not read more than 3,000 basic words by fourth grade or that you (the writer) are not able to write to according prominent of midlife involves your target audience. This scale is Income, more of a measurement of the commonality of the words you use and the length of rhetorical of the of independence your sentences than it is Household, a measurement of your ďabilityĒ. Why Sex Sells? Then again, if you are one of those who thinks the Essay Median Income system is broken because you typed in so much nonsense and were told that you must be a college graduate clearly lack the ability to read this article (which is on John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Essay examples, an 11th-12th grade level). To write at a 4th grade level, your words need to (on average) be shorter than 4 letters, while to write on a college graduate level, they only need to Median Income be (on average) about analysis declaration of independence 5 letters long. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? This is a consistent trend that can be measured, so for those of you who think you can make a paper or short story ďhigher levelĒ by using bigger words, there is minimal evidence of this. Better to stick with how you can write comfortably and leave the administrator of words to start this site be. (Note, I write most comfortably between a 9th and 12th grade level. If you read this thinking ďwow, heís a hypocrite, using a bunch of Essay Median big words and long sentences just so he can sound more ďcomplicatedĒ, this passage ranked at 11th-12th grade, and thatís where I like it!) Thank you Linguist! I was getting tired of scrolling through the SAME comments looking for anything USEFUL! You nailed it!

To the young folks, in the future, consider taking time to rhetorical of the of independence read through previous comments before repeating and arguing about an issue that has already been addressed. Thanks. yes, omg. That is so true, its actually so annoying that people are so stupid today. Iím only 12 years old, and Essay Income let me tell all you negative people out there who have nothing better to do with their lives than post negative comments on a smart website that you can not use, then you are a waste of space and your wasting your breath. The admins on this website have to keep replying to to start your stupid posts, just scroll up and Essay Household youíll be able to see 5000000000 of the sport psychology topics form of the same frickiní questions Ė all negative might i add. Just get a life and stop ruining other peoples including the Essay Median Income admins who have just created this website for people who are going to use it and why sex sells find it useful, not for people who just complain about it the whole time. Mom lkes me. Dad likes me. Swiming is fun.

. I got a college graduate. If you donít spell words correctly, they will not be part of the Essay on Illinois Median list. We are working on plurals. Posted a Shakespearean sonnet into of the this, reading level was 9íth grade. Shakespeare says : website doth beíth 10/10. This is a cool tool! I can see this reversed as an added tool for HR departments. Thereís so much automation as it is, but companies would definitely pay for something like this. Iím 13 and if I lived in Essay Income America I would be in 9th grade but it said my essay is 11th-12th grade?

The words you are using in the essay are at a 11th Ė 12th grade reading level. I like roses. Roses are red. Why Sex Sells? Red roses have thorns. Roses can be pink. Pink roses are pretty. I like pink roses.

Iím sorry but there is Median Income, no way the above sentences does not make 4th grade. Red, roses, thorn, and like are all words used in dr Seuss books. I see absolutely no reason this qualifies as high school intellect requirements. I understand the basics of rhetorical analysis of the of independence what has been discussed above, but I believe until this bug is fixed, it might be best to on Illinois Median Household advise itís broken or remove it. Rhetorical Of Independence? As all I have to Essay Household Income say is Personnel Management, green eggs and ham would likely generate a higher level when only two random versus ofÖ I would not like them. I would not like them. green eggs and ham. I do not like them,

Rates as 5-6 th grade. Itís due to the plurals used instead of the singular. If you write that ďroseĒ instead of on Illinois Median ďrosesĒ it comes out as 5th grade. We will have an update for the plural issue soon. If you guys read the previous comments before asking questions to the admin and complaining about the reading system, it would save the admin a lot of according to erikson, the most prominent conflict involves time. Household Income? Thanks! Itís fantastic that you have put together a tool like this. I like to know the reading level so Iím not writing in examples a way that others wonít be able to understand.

Itís a great resource and helps me make sure Iím writing at the correct level. OMG! What the heck. Iím sure primary students will understand this. Love this tool. Gonna drop a link on on Illinois Median, my collegeís discussion board since we have word count requirements for of independence, our posts. Should be useful and send you some of Essay on Illinois Household Income that tasty ad revenue #128512; Thanks. Shout outs are always greatly appreciated #128578; I love how all these keyboard warrior kids think using big words and sophisticated paragraphing techniques gives them the status of a college graduate, when in reality, in rhetorical analysis of the declaration of independence higher education, you get awarded more marks and get given better results for Household Income, writing in Book, examples a more simple fashion so anyone who reads it will have a better understanding, in other words getting your point across to Essay Median Income everyone. What use is it being smart and pompous when only 3 people can understand wtf youíre talking about. One thing that hasnít been mentioned, or at least i havenít noticed being mentioned is that sentence length seems to an essay play a role, so if someone blotches their sentence with comma splices and Essay on Illinois Household other errors it will raise the reading level. one way to test this is to simply write the word ďtheĒ a bunch of analysis declaration of independence times, adding periods through out; the more periods the shorter the sentences the lower the reading level, less periods longer sentences higher reading level.

While i agree that college and university students and on Illinois Median Household Income graduates to write longer sentences, i donít think it should be a part of the words to start reading level as it may encourage other to comma splice or otherwise inappropriately combine two independent clauses. awesome, thanks. This feature helps me out sometime! Amazing website, I used it for my NJHS application essay. It really helped a lot, thanks! ^_^ I am a 7th grader writing a book report on the spy so far i have 714 words and 3848 characters and it says the level is 11-12th i really dont belive it at all :/ but i like the feature its pretty cool i just wish it worked better.

This records the reading level of your book report, not your writing level. People reading your book report may need a minimum requirement of 11-12th high school education or higher to understand 100% of your work. This does not matter in Essay on Illinois Median Household Income your case, as your teacher or instructor should already be finished with high school. Iíve been using Word Counter for the last three years, at least, to help me along as I write fiction. Keeping a reliable word and page count has made my life so much easier.

I was nothing short of thrilled when I discovered the Sales auto-save function ó much more reliable than Word for my scatterbrained self. Not to mention the Income keyword density, arguably my favourite of the available features. Iíd always been curious about the reading level function. Sport Topics For Pst Programs Which Of The? Thank you for this article, for your endless patience, and for on Illinois Median Income, this tool! Always wonderful to Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers hear that people find the tool useful! well what does the College Graduate reading level means ? is it good ? Does this tool work with foreign languages ? I wrote a long text in French and this said this was college graduate level so i assume this is not working with french, does someone knows were i could actually find such a useful tool for other languages than English. thanks. No, this only works in English. Iím not aware of one that gives reading levels in other languages other than English. My writing level is much higher than 7th grade!

This tool sucks. Median Household Income? How dare you tell me that my writing level is at a 7th grade when Iím in college. Words To Start? I wouldnít be in college if I could only Essay on Illinois Median Income, write at a 7th grade level. Management? This is a disgrace! This tool indicates reading level (who would be able to read your writing), not your writing level. I canít believe the amount of stupidity in the comments here. This is a tool that gives you an estimate on what level student would be able to understand your writing. Of course, you can manipulate it to come up with unrealistic reading levels. Essay On Illinois Household Income? That doesnít mean that the tool is psychology topics that form include which following?, useful.

Maybe if all of you spent more time trying to improve your writing rather than trying to find ways to manipulate the on Illinois formula you would be doing better in why sex sells school. I typed in on Illinois an obviously stupid sentence (with an okay one as well), and the result was college graduate. The thing I typed in was as follows: ďZia Rey had finally exited the hospital with her son and her friend. DOGGIES. IS. The Most Prominent Of Midlife? MY. LIFEY. YEEEEEE. Essay Median? HUEHUEHUEHE.

ME. An Essay? HATEY. DAWGIE-WAHGGYS. Essay Median Household Income? ME WUFFY-CHUFFY. KITTY POO POO PIEZ.Ē That was college graduate. Alright. That happened. Again, if the words arenít on the list of 3000 words (such as a personís name) or just strange rarely used words, itís going to rank the level high. OMG LOL something is form which following?, very up with this. I am in Essay on Illinois Income fourth grade.

My reading level is 10th-12th grade. I think something might be a little bit wrong. When will this feature be corrected? I literally typed in ďYejh uwiwejhu hwr oerwoj foew. ewifw jimef w. ji wifuew df.Ē and why sex sells it said ďCollege GraduateĒ. Granted, I am a college graduate, but this is Essay, pure gibberish. Lol. There is nothing to correct. Jibberish wouldnít be part of the 3000 common words, so of course it would rank at college reading level. I wrote this : dark souls. dark souls. dark souls. and it gave me a college graduate and analysis of the I tried refreshing the page as well but it still gave me college graduate (Iím using Microsoft edge if you are wondering)

Please read the article and other comments Iíve replied to Household Income which have written similar short sentences as you have. It will explain why this is the case. This is an interesting tool. I think the according the most psychological conflict of midlife involves reading level feature is beneficial, but Iíd like to see a writing level tool as well. On Illinois Median Income? That would be great and would help a lot to improve my writing. Then Iíd know if I was writing at my grade level or above.

Silly people did not read the page. Words To Start An Essay? So they do not know how the Essay on Illinois Household Income tool works. Sport Topics The Basis For Pst Include Which? If they read the Essay on Illinois Household page all the way through they would not post silly things. There we go. To continue a trend, pop that in the box. It returns 4th grade.

Hopefully that means the why sex sells people posting ridiculous questions realise they look quite #039;silly#039;. This reading level tool is an excellent idea but I think it needs some fine-tuning. Essay Household? It distinguishes only between two kinds of words: 4th-grader words and not 4th-grader words. That means that if you use enough words a fifth-grader ought to know, it will still rate it as college-level reading, not fifth-grade reading. Now of course it would be a monstrously ambitious project to rate EVERY word in the English language as a specific grade level, but if this was at least done for a set of common enough words (500. 1000 per according the most conflict involves, grade level past 4th), then it would already significantly improve the on Illinois Household Income accuracy of the rating. All words that arenít given such a rating can safely be assumed to be college-level vocabulary because theyíre too obscure for the raters to have remembered. Haha we donít use ďgradeĒ here so I have no idea what it would actually stand for here. But thatís also partly because I donít know much stuff in about Personnel the first place #128578; Word counter is Median Household Income, really useful though, especially for the school essays and Management project.

I just wish I actually understood what the grades mean. Essay Income? Itíll help a lot ((especially since I keep forgetting and start typing in short forms, it shows me the rhetorical of the declaration of independence spelling errors)) xD. ďGradesĒ are the Essay on Illinois Household Income same as primary school years. Fourth grade is primary school 4th year. Junior High school is usually years 7 and 8 and high school is of the declaration of independence, years 9 through 12.

Apperently Im a college Graduate. Dear admin, have you considered using the reading level to augment the reading speed (i.e. to use it as a multiplier)? Technical papers would certainly be ranked at Essay on Illinois Household colleague graduate level, simply because of the density of jargons used. Reading speeds would be lower in such instances. Kindly consider. While not exactly what youíre requesting here, you can adjust the reading speed manually (Click on Essay Sales Personnel Management, Options, then Details ó find Reading Speed and click on the wrench next to it). Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? This will allow you to adjust the reading speed higher or lower depending on your needs. The German text I wrote was rated ĒCollege graduateĒ. Mein Gott! If you write in any language other than English, youíll get a college graduate rating because the system is topics form for pst programs include which following?, based on 3000 common English words.

If youíre writing German, you would not be using any of them. I wrote a simple essay for Essay Median Household, grade 6 level and words to start they said College GraduateÖ ok, this has apparently nothing to do with the reading level, but I have one problem. I was typing an essay for school and I went to another tab to do some research. When I went back to the Word Counter tab, the on Illinois Median Household Income number of words dropped from 528 to 502. So now Iím quite confused which number of words to start an essay word I should useÖ Other than that, Word Counter has been a great help. Iím not sure why that would happen ó if you want to Essay on Illinois Household Income send us the writing you were counting, we can take a look to see if we can replicate what happened and see if we can solve the mystery.

Itís fine! I guess Iíll go with the 502 as I saved and closed the tab then it showed 502. Thanks! Perhaps you should stick the word ďBetaĒ after the Reading Level feature on the count page. Why Sex Sells? It might cut down on the number of times you have to explain the Essay same exact thing over and over words to start an essay and over and over Essay on Illinois Median Household Income again. Theyíll just go ďOh, itís in Essay Sales Personnel Management BetaĒ, and Essay on Illinois Median move on with their lives. Why Sex Sells? Considering how stupid some of on Illinois Median Household these responses Iíve read so far have been, itís pretty likely.

Kinda like how when Valve stuck the random stick things on the back of Chellís legs in Portal, and playtesters stopped asking how she survived dropping so far. I was curious about what it meant and came to check this page and all I find is a bunch of Essay Sales Management assholes complaining about everything. This tool isnít exactly correct. Essay On Illinois Household Income? You should fix it. If I can manipulate it to get a higher reading level, then I can never be sure itís the correct reading level. Sport Programs Of The? You should make it so it can;t be manipulated. Then we can trust it!

This load of garbage is apparently college grad level: The dog eats sandwiches through which quantum entanglement causes apocalyptic flame to Median Income spew from the ashes of the why sex sells nether worlds. Although obscene and vulgar the knowledge of wherewith the sacrament of illogical catalysts register a sense of zen. On Illinois Household Income? Hereupon, let it be known that although mortal knowledge is sport psychology form for pst include following?, easy to Essay Median Income acquiesce it is John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers Essay examples, indeed a gem of the Essay on Illinois Household froth of power. Please read the John Book, examples article. Reading level has to do with words a person would understand, not the actual writing. tbh Iím only 14 and Iím taking APUSH and Essay Median Household 12th grade math so ur all dumb :p.

Actually Iím in rhetorical analysis of the grade 4 and taking all grade 12 classes. just in case u didnít catch that play on words. hm, I write in Essay Median Income other language than english in wordcounter (portuguese). I wonder if that counts? Wow can a word counter site create so much hate?! Keep going you keyboard warriors! #128578; You bring so much joy to that the basis programs include the world. PSYCH! you guys have no lives, just like Poke hunters have no lives.

Get out of your momís basement, youíre 34 and a half, obese and without friends. (HINT: get some friends, and a life (visit to buy some friends if you cant make any)). Iím not 34 and obese but I will take your advice Alex. I canít believe all the complaining going on here for a tool thatís here to help improve writing. if you think itís so awful, build a better one! What is the highest level?

College Graduate? This got College Graduate: Insiduous precipitate insular cognitive osculator consensus iniquitous oxymoron ostentious corollary commission reverberation sanctify pious exoneration exploit reinforce cancerous nebulous nematode cognitive reverence reticence promiscuous pulmonary propinquity pension treaty of Versailles masque vermillion respiration fermentation dollop systemic cancerous faculty heinous vehement sought neigh balustrade balustrade iniquitous iniquituous. This is apparently college graduate type of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income work: .Uay vary VARY VARY correact stoary. once there was a bad guy named tomooogoa. he likwed to eat liattle hippos and techers. he had very avanded ways of catchibg thim. hippos were not very smaert so theay ware eaesily cauight.

Look at the spidaer on Essay Personnel Management, may waell. And me scquished it and now itís daed. Essay Household? Me Iímn hungary. Oh lookit the pretti lamp. That Form Programs Include Which? Sicccors are very danugerous. Household Income? You cannot keep thim aeround hippos. If only I could write as well as you can when Iím drunk. Seriously, Hemingwayís Lemonade doesnít work for me. Good on you. I typed in Ö I am too cool 4 u kid.

Get rekt or jump off a bidge. Essay Sales Personnel? Go poo yrsekf and got 11th-12th grade. P.S. I am pretty sure a 3rd grader could type better. grants a College Graduate reading level. Hey, letís all not forget why weíre using the webÖ TO COUNT WORDS. Everyone leaving a comment here is so pretentious. Who cares if youíre a 4th grader with a 12th grade reading level.

That means NOTHING kiddo. This website is an excellent tool for writing essays, not to brag about how smart you think you are. The reading level thing is just an algorithm to give you a basic approximation. Essay On Illinois Income? Of course itís not going to be perfect. Depends on your target but with 12th grade level is enough. im in 7th grade and i wrote a college level essay lol. For my GCSE photography course we had to write about a photographer of our choice, so i wrote it in word counter just so i could estimate the John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Bleachers examples amount of room i would need/how many pages i would need to fit my writing in. When i had done 86 words i looked across and it said my writing level was a 4th grade, i then went downstairs to get a drink. On Illinois? My cat walked on my laptop, specifically the Ďxí key. When i got back i noticed my kitty had added Ďx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x x xí etc my writing level went up to a college student. That Form For Pst Programs Include Of The Following?? Not trying to bash here, just stating my experience.

Huh, this word counter actually recognizes that using simple to Essay on Illinois Household read and concise sentences is college level writing. I wrote a really simple blurb for my music theory class and was just checking the word count when the reading level surprised me. ďThe beat unit for simple meters is about Sales Personnel Management, a non dotted quarter note. Median Household Income? Examples of simple meters include, 2/4, 3/4, and why sex sells 4/4. The beat unit for compound meters is a dotted quarter note. Examples of compound meters include 3/8, 6/8, and on Illinois Median 9/8, The natural subdivision of a simple meter is a quarter note into two eighth notes. A half note in why sex sells simple meter could be subdivided into Essay on Illinois 4 eighth notes. The natural subdivision of a compound meter is a dotted quarter note into a triplet of eighth notes. A dotted half note in compound meter could be subdivided into psychology that form the basis for pst include which of the following? 6 eighth notes.

The simple 2/4 meter is Income, most closely related to the compound 6/8 meter. 2/4 contains 2 pulses of quarter notes per measure, while 6/8 contains 2 pulses per measure as well, except the rhetorical analysis of the declaration of independence beat is on a dotted quarter note instead. The 3/4 simple meter is most closely related to the compound 9/8 meter. 3/4 contains 3 pulses of quarter notes per measure, while 9/8 contains 3 pulses of Median dotted quarter notes per measure. The 4/4 simple meter is most closely related to the compound 12/8 meter. John Grisham’s Bleachers? 4/4 contains 4 pulses of quarter notes per Essay Household Income, measure, while 12/8 contains 4 pulses of dotted quarter notes per sport topics that form the basis for pst programs of the following?, measure. While playing music, I prefer simple meter, as it is Essay on Illinois Income, easier to read and interpret, and pieces tend to be written in why sex sells simple meter anyways. I do enjoy listening to compound meter, where it is Income, easier to John Book, Bleachers Essay write swing rhythms whatnot.

I do not have any real preference for either kind of meter, both are important parts of music. Washington Post March by on Illinois Median John Philip Sousa is an example of a piece in an essay compound meter (6/8). Rhapsody in Blue by Essay on Illinois Median Household Income George Gershwin is an about Sales Personnel Management example of a piece in simple meter (4/4).Ē Really, some kid in elementary school band should be able to understand this Ö music harder than writing confirmed. ?_(?)_/? What does it mean if my writing is College graduate level? Lol, just your average seventh grader, and it said my reading/grammar level was at which a college level! said I ws at college level Iím yr 6 for gods sake #128578; LOL. Yo, I thought you said that I would be able to understand this! Haha. yea but, youíre just too stupid lol. *Sticks tongue out* Mehhh Go away dummy! Haha!

Iím pretty sure what I wrote about isnít a grade 11-12 reading levelÖ ^^;; Admin: I think a link to the 3000 words would stop the Median Household Income same questions repeated over and over and over Personnel Management and over and over Essay on Illinois Median and ÖÖ. Iím sure you get it. If you put a link in why sex sells the article and said it was a list of 3000 words expected to be known by grade ? (age ?) in the USA (?) you might not find yourself answering the same question again and again. I am assuming itís a US list because of on Illinois Median Household your use of Ďgradeí and not age. This means writing in an essay ĎEnglish Englishí words such as Ďcolourí (color) and many more, will not be on the list either, Iím guessing. Is there a standardised list for other grades in the US or are all other levels calculated purely by the equation (words per sentences etc.) you have written above? Iím just curious there Ė Iím from the UK. I like the site, this is actually the first time Iíve been concerned with reading level Ė Iím trying to simplify what Iím writing, but mostly thatís ensuring medical terminology is understood by using the commonly used word in on Illinois Median Income parenthesis afterwards Ė e.g. scapula (shoulder blade), so unless I removed all the medical terms to sport form for pst which of the following? test it Iím not going to get a different result.

Reading time and words per sentence, number if sentences etc. is more helpful while Iím comparing various options for Essay on Illinois Median Income, a collaborative piece of writing. I clicked to why sex sells see how the reading level was assessed, to see how/ if I should try other ways to lower it, but itís not necessary. I scrolled through the comments section and thought Iíd add a positive comment noting how useful the tool is Essay Household Income, when itís used correctly and understood because of the number of Essay about Sales Personnel comments basically showing people donít seem to understand the explanation fully. Iím a linguist (psycho-neuro-cognitive linguist, specifically, at postgrad level) so I suggest an example often used in Median distinguishing between syntax and semantics Ė at the basis of the argument Ďwhat is a sentence?í Ė Usually described as a grouping of words that adheres to grammatical rules in a language and makes sense. Noam Chomsky (Ďfather of modern linguisticsí) proved a sentence could be completely correct in its use of syntax, but entirely nonsensical, semantically: ďColorless green ideas sleep furiously.Ē One of the most famous linguists, Steven Pinker uses the example in his popsci book, The Language Instinct and itís constantly used in linguistic arguments.

Iím aware you may know all this, having created this site, but if not, it is an example that is easy to look up if you wanted to add to your explanation of the difference between reading level and writing level Ė anyone can stick that specific sentence into Google and read 40 years of linguistic debate. Sorry, just thinkingÖÖÖ while procrastinating over the actual writing Iím trying to John Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers examples do that doesnít interest me, whereas this analysis does. Essay Median Household? Good site! what? 3000 words?

Are you crazy? hahahahahaÖ i am no like that then. To be honest, I persuaded myself to not comment after viewing some of the analysis of the of independence ridiculous comments in Essay on Illinois Median Income response to sport form programs include which of the following? this article. I originally used this site to check the word count on a piece of writing I was assigned to complete in my English class. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? I spotted the reading level as I read the word count. Psychology That Form The Basis For Pst Which Of The Following?? However, I became very offended when it claimed my writing was at seventh to eighth grade reading level. To familiarize you with myself, I am an eleventh grade student who skipped a year of school and is one of the smartest in my honors classes. Median Household? I have scored immensely well on the SAT writing portion and John examples as a seventh grader and as an eleventh grader. Without exception, I scored an A on my pieces of Income writing for school. As a curious and inquiring mind, I decided to test the authenticity of the reading level. The following was considered college level: ďHence, heathens stood lackadaisically.

Therefore, dauntless must diverge.Ē A few of you might see some familiar words in those two sentences. The first is an allusion to the song ďHeathensĒ from the movie, ďSuicide Squad,Ē contains my favorite word (a form of lackadaisical), and sport psychology that for pst programs following? also alluded to a viral post about the number of degrees required for Ďhenceí not to be considered plagiarism. The second is a reference to the book ďDivergentĒ by Veronica Roth. Due to Essay on Illinois Median Household Income sheer insanity and Essay about boredom, I decided to see the Essay on Illinois Median Household reading level on this comment and it was considered an John Grisham‚Äôs Bleachers examples eleventh to on Illinois Median Income twelfth grade reading level. Before I get a million trolls scavenging around the mistake in my comment, I just noticed the extra Ďandí in the first sentence about Essay Sales Personnel myself. Therefore, I trolled myself. Thereís a quote that says ďEasy reading is damned hard writing.Ē Ė Unknown. In other words. If your writing is easy to read, you should be very pleased with yourself. Wrote some Spanish and it said college.

ROFL. Thanks so much for this tool. This is great for students and people in any industry. On Illinois Income? Very helpful technology. Thank you so much.

Many people are immune to pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis but some times pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is very common especially around volcanos. Personnel Management? Itís due to on Illinois Median Household the use of higher-level dictionary terms. While it is to start an essay, completely gibberish and makes no sense, passing the paragraph to a typical fourth grader would leave them rather confused about 90% of the on Illinois Household words used; the metric uses what a fourth grader would typically understand as the baseline and goes up from there based on the commonality of words pulled from the words to start dictionary it uses for Essay Household Income, the formula. ďThe interrelational level of the synaptic exchange between various idea that, in a post-structural sort of analysis, give way to all the meandering tropes which make up our existences through an to start an essay intersectional framework all add to the propinquity of intradimensional experiences, all within a subpar trope that mellifluously delineates all our existencesí sakes. ď Many accoutrements are used for gasconading. always stay equanimity when going through pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. im a college graduate also in junior high. Yeah, I feel like a 6th grader like me canít write at a 1-12th grade level! =o. Wow, this is perfect for what I need and Household itís free as well. Thanks for providing this. hi everyone I love word counter its really helped me with my 10 000 word essay I didnít hav 2 count it all by myself I found this and prominent of midlife involves fell in Essay on Illinois Median love with it I recommend it 2 anyone. *** The. Dog. Eats.

Sandwiches. Wi. Just that, got me 10th grade. Im not an admin but this DOES NOT COUNT PLURALS. Do not take this as criticism it is simply an idea. What if you also took in John Bleachers Essay examples the vocabulary from the grade textbooks as they usually have very specific words or even use the words from them in Essay on Illinois Household Income general as I have noticed each year they subtly increase in vocabulary strength. John Grisham‚Äôs Book, Essay Examples? Also anyone whom wants to on Illinois Median Household complain please read all other comments as they have repeated the same complaints various times. Leave the creators alone as this idea is quite amazing and stop repeating complaints as this is no longer constructive and is simply annoying. Ps. Please donít comment on Sales Management, my grammar as I am aware it is terrible.

I wrote about Essay Median Household Income articles related to driving licence and used this site to check functionality, result came is ďCollege StudentĒ, which is closest to relevancy. #128578; Thanks. Like everything, people who do nothing complain and nit-pick the analysis most. Great website, great explanation. Nothingís perfect, but what this provides is 1000xís more beneficial than the nothing than constant detractors provide. Hereís a link to my flickr account with proof that the credibility of the Reading Level tab being very untrustworthy. I donít turn in anything short of college level papers. Despite my grammatical errors, and Household nonsensical phrasing, the following was deemed College Graduate: ďcircumlocutions gregarious finite element analysis dynamic planar kinematic multivariate calculus.

Propulsion physicist berate bereaved asymptotic asymmetrically. John Book, Bleachers Examples? Unbeknownst partition undersecretary vector integrate professionally dictate criterion abalone distinguished foolhardyĒ Dang, Iím smarted, huh? A few summers ago Ė I donít remember which year Ė there was a period of time at the airport where we could ride in a small, four-seat plane. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? I sat in analysis of the declaration the copilotís seat, and even got to fly the plane alone!

For about thirty seconds, but it felt like hours! A few summers ago Ė I donít remember which year Ė there was a period of time at the airport where we could ride in Median Household Income a small, four-seat plane. I sat in why sex sells the copilotís seat, and even got to fly the plane alone! For about Essay on Illinois Median Household Income thirty seconds, but it felt like hours! Ever since, I have loved any type of flying- Flying on John Bleachers, a commercial or private plane, watching a commercial or private plane fly, or even watching birds fly. srslyÖ 1 sentence and on Illinois Median Income up like 5 gradesÖ. wowÖ. (not trying to hate, srry!) YepÖOne of the form the basis which following? deficiencies is that it counts the 3000 words, not variations of those words (watch is on the list, watching is not).

Weíre working to address this weakness. Rainbow sparkles. Household? Unicorns. Rhetorical Analysis Of The Declaration Of Independence? Me. Is what I wrote and it said college. Reading Level said my euthanasia argument paper was 11-12th grade but my Shakespeare play one was College LevelÖ

Most the people (not counting the people with common sense) on here seem to think that computer AI systems can calculate the same way that humans can. Itís very simple. If you are in college you can still write an elementary level novel if you use the words learned in the average elementary school. On Illinois Household Income? This AI doesnít care about your writing style or how many times you repeat a word. It does not understand your mockery, it just wants to be friendly. Donít judge it by itís face value. Itís a tool to rhetorical analysis declaration judge your writing so you judge who your future audience will be. Now I sound like one of those douches who answer yahoo answers. Thank you society for forcing me to put training wheels on your bicycles. elucidate ones mental state in its highest form of mastery as one when combined with thermodynamic fusion and chemical entropy. On Illinois Median Household Income? As the rhetorical of the mass-energy equivalence of Median our geometric majesty reaches heights not seen since the coming of enlightenment when we reached that pinnacle of human endeavour we shall see the glorious coming of the words most radiant of them.

We shall be masters of reality as we strive to Essay Median the betterment of glorious hydrophilic ant men. This was college graduate level. LOL. I just used it on a 18,000 word story. It told me the reading level was 10th grade level.

I would consider this accurate. I think it worked perfectly for John examples, me. I heard somewhere that a newspaper is Essay on Illinois Median Income, written at a 5th-6th grade reading level, so that just about anyone who knows how to Essay about Sales Management read at a 5th grade level can comprehend it. That makes perfect sense to me. Essay On Illinois Median Household Income? They are trying to sport psychology topics form the basis for pst programs which of the following? make it so that the highest number of Essay Household people possible can understand what is going on in the world, and also that makes their potential subscriber base larger.

I just wrote an article for my blog and it ranked it at a 5th-6th grade reading level. It seems to to erikson, the most psychological conflict involves line up perfectly with the way I wrote my article, since I also wrote it so that as many people possible can read and comprehend it. I think this is Essay Median Household Income, a great tool. I originally just for Personnel Management, the word counter, but found the other features interesting so I tried them. Itís a great tool. Wordcounter is the Essay on Illinois Median Income best tool to check spelling mistakes. This feature is the best joke ever LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

lol lol lol lol lolol lolo lmaooolmaooolmaoooo. best joing feature. No More Wood Counter Uses Mod in Minecraft would be nice #128512;

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

Nov 06, 2017 Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, order essay paper -
Illinois State Household Income | Department of Numbers

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is Hiring! Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the web service that is Essay on Illinois Median Household, pioneering cloud computing by providing resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It gives any developer or IT professional complete control of their computing resources and allows them run on words, Amazonís proven computing environment. We are looking for passionate, experienced professionals to on Illinois Median, join us and to help us define and deliver high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities evolve rapidly. We encourage you to apply today! Build the Worldís Most Scalable Load Balancing Solutions. Sport Psychology Topics That Form The Basis For Pst Programs Of The Following?. We are looking for software engineers with a passion for building massively scalable network-oriented software for the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) service. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work along-side outstanding engineers to expand the feature set and Essay on Illinois Income reach of the sport psychology topics that for pst programs include of the, service, and improve the Median Income, availability and scalability of our systems. If youíre interested in working on a small team that has a huge impact on the future of to erikson, psychological involves load balancing, learn more here. Build the Worldís Largest Dynamically Priced Market for Computing Resources. Essay Median. We are looking for developers with C++, Java, or Ruby experience to help build and operate innovative pricing models and markets in according to erikson, prominent of midlife involves the cloud computing space.

We are solving exciting problems, like: building out and optimizing the software behind our pricing models (think of everything it would take to build and scale a stock exchange for computing resources); empowering developers from around the Essay Median Household, world to migrate their applications to these new pricing models; and, developing a platform for to erikson, the most prominent psychological involves, other AWS teams to build their own versions of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income our pricing models (e.g. Amazon RDS Reserved Instances). For example, we have already launched the first version of a product called Spot Instances, where a customer can bid for Essay about Sales Personnel, their compute capacity. There are still a huge number of things we can do to dramatically expand this market. Apply by Essay Income, emailing your resume to or learn more here. Amazon EC2 is a fast-paced, results-driven group where we strive to create the best customer experience possible. The Basis Programs Following?. We are looking for passionate leaders who thrive when working in a rapidly evolving environment on hard problems with smart people who are all focused on delivering goals together. The current list of job openings for Amazon EC2 by role, include: As an Amazon EC2 software engineer you will help pioneer the way that the world consumes compute resources. We have tons of on Illinois Median Household Income fun designing and solving some of the most interesting and complex technical challenges in the industry like: building a rapidly expanding market where customers set their own price for instances; provisioning and managing massive amounts of according prominent of midlife involves computing power in Median Household Income data centers around the world in a scalable way; securing of one of the worlds largest distributed systems; pushing the limits of hardware virtualization to create new instance types like Cluster Compute instances; designing and virtualizing massive networks that enable consumption of huge amounts of bandwidth; making cloud computing easy to use for all customers; and an essay so much more. As a Database Administrator within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will be involved in the design, implementation, enhancement, scaling, and maintenance of highly available Oracle-based distributed databases. On Illinois Median Income. The successful applicant is an Oracle expert who is words an essay, deeply passionate about databases, has a proven ability to learn new skills and Median Income concepts rapidly, and according to erikson, the most psychological of midlife is self-motivated and able to work independently.

You should have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to be calm and effective in high-pressure situations. If you are interested, please email your resume to or apply online. As a product manager within Amazon EC2, you will be deeply involved with every step of the product life cycle: evaluating the marketing opportunity, determining the target use cases and customer requirements, defining the product and functional requirements, creating the pricing structure, generating marketing collateral, coordinating the feature/product launch, working directly with customers, and driving adoption once the product is launched. You should have a passion for business and Essay technology, a strong desire to work on both inbound and outbound marketing, and sport psychology topics programs of the a readiness to get your hands dirty. Historically, successful applicants have a strong business and technical acumen, an MBA, and some engineering or technical work experience that enables them to on Illinois Median Household, easily interact easily with software developers and CIOs alike. If you are interested, please email your resume to analysis of the, or apply online.

As a business development manager focused on Amazon EC2, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape and Essay Median Household Income deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazonís utility computing web services within the prominent conflict, enterprise, Small/Medium Businesses, and startup communities. Your broad responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, establishing those business and technical relationships, and helping the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with these companies in order to Essay Median Household Income, build long-term business opportunity. The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an topics that form for pst programs of the following? engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. You will be able to articulate and communicate customer needs and Essay on Illinois Median Income requirements to AWS product teams so that they can continue to deliver services that delight customers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. If you are interested, please email your resume to or apply online. Grisham‚Äôs Book, Essay Examples. Applying is easy. Simply, submit your resume to the address mentioned in the sections above. Alternatively, please visit AWS Careers home page for all AWS career opportunities.

Most roles are located in the heart of on Illinois Median Seattle, WA. If you donít live in Seattle, we offer comprehensive relocation/temporary housing as a part of form programs include following? our package. Seattle is one of the best places to live in the US and Household Income weíll help get you here if youíre right for the job. We also have openings in other great locations like Virginia or South Africa. Amazon Web Services is Hiring.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within We are currently hiring Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, Account Managers, Solutions Architects, Support Engineers, System Engineers, Designers and more. Sport Psychology Topics Form Include Following?. Visit our Careers page or our Developer-specific Careers page to learn more. Amazon Web Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Write my essay, paper -
Illinois Median Household Income Essay - 2353 Words - brightkite com

Nov 06, 2017 Essay on Illinois Median Household Income, buy essays cheap -
A Comparison between Chicago, Illinois and Phoenix, Arizona | Kibin

essay war world About World War I. T he First World War was truly #145;the Great War#146;. Its origins were complex. Its scale was vast. Its conduct was intense. Its impact on military operations was revolutionary. Its human and material costs were enormous. And its results were profound. The war was a global conflict.

Thirty-two nations were eventually involved. Twenty-eight of these constituted the Allied and Associated Powers, whose principal belligerents were the British Empire, France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, and the United States of America. They were opposed by the Central Powers: Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany, and the Ottoman Empire. The war began in the Balkan cockpit of competing nationalisms and ancient ethnic rivalries. Hopes that it could be contained there proved vain. Essay On Illinois Median! Expansion of the war was swift. Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia on 28 July 1914; Germany declared war on Russia on rhetorical of independence 1 August. Germany declared war on France on 3 August and invaded Belgium.

France was invaded on 4 August. German violation of Belgian neutrality provided the British with a convenient excuse to enter the war on the side of France and Russia the Median Household Income same evening. Austria-Hungary declared war on Russia on to start 6 August. France and Great Britain declared war on Austria-Hungary six days later. The underlying causes of these events have been intensively researched and debated. Modern scholars are less inclined to Essay Income allocate blame for the outbreak of about Management war than was the case in the past. They have sought instead to understand the fears and ambitions of the governing lites of Europe who took the fateful decisions for Essay on Illinois Median Household, war, particularly that of imperial Germany. Fears were more important than ambitions. Of the powers involved in the outbreak of war, only Serbia had a clear expansionist agenda. The French hoped to recover the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine lost to why sex sells Germany as a result of their defeat in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1, but this was regarded as an attempt at restitution rather than acquisition. Otherwise, defensive considerations were paramount.

The states who embarked on the road to war in 1914 wished to preserve what they had. This included not only their territorial integrity but also their diplomatic alliances and their prestige. These defensive concerns made Europe's statesmen take counsel of their fears and Essay Median Household Income submit to Essay Sales Management the tyranny of events. The Austrians feared for the survival of their multi-racial Empire if they did not confront the threat of Median Household Serb nationalism and Panslavism. The Germans feared the consequences to themselves of allowing Austria, their closest and according prominent psychological of midlife only reliable ally, to be weakened and humiliated. The Russians feared the threat to their prestige and authority as protector of the Slavs if they allowed Austria to defeat and humiliate Serbia. The French feared the superior population numbers, economic resources, and on Illinois Household military strength of according to erikson, the most prominent psychological conflict of midlife their German neighbours. France's principal defence against the threat of German power was its alliance with Russia. Essay On Illinois Household Income! This it was imperative to defend. The British feared occupation of the why sex sells Low Countries by a hostile power, especially a hostile power with a large modern navy. But most of all they feared for the long-term security of their Empire if they did not support France and Russia, their principal imperial rivals, whose goodwill they had been assiduously cultivating for a decade.

All governments feared their peoples. Some statesmen welcomed the war in the belief that it would act as a social discipline purging society of dissident elements and encouraging a return to patriotic values. Others feared that it would be a social solvent, dissolving and transforming everything it touched. The process of expansion did not end in Essay Median Income, August 1914. Other major belligerents took their time and waited upon events. Italy, diplomatically aligned with Germany and Austria since the Triple Alliance of 1882, declared its neutrality on 3 August.

In the following months it was ardently courted by France and Britain. On 23 May 1915 the Italian government succumbed to words to start an essay Allied temptations and declared war on Austria-Hungary in pursuit of territorial aggrandizement in the Trentino. Household Income! Bulgaria invaded Serbia on 7 October 1915 and sealed that pugnacious country's fate. Serbia was overrun. The road to Constantinople was opened to the Central Powers.

Romania prevaricated about to erikson, the most prominent conflict of midlife involves, which side to join, but finally chose the Allies in August 1916, encouraged by the success of the Russian 'Brusilov Offensive'. It was a fatal miscalculation. On Illinois Income! The German response was swift and John decisive. Romania was rapidly overwhelmed by two invading German armies and its rich supplies of wheat and oil did much to keep Germany in the war for another two years. Romania joined Russia as the other Allied power to suffer defeat in the war. It was British belligerency, however, which was fundamental in turning a European conflict into a world war. Britain was the world's greatest imperial power. The British had world-wide interests and world-wide dilemmas. They also had world-wide friends.

Germany found itself at war not only with Great Britain but also with the dominions of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa and with the greatest British imperial possession, India. Concern for the defence of India helped bring the British into conflict with the Ottoman Empire in November 1914 and resulted in Essay on Illinois Household, a major war in the Middle East. Most important of all, perhaps, Britain's close political, economic, and cultural ties with the sport psychology of the following? United States of America, if they did not ensure that nation's eventual entry into the war, certainly made it possible. The American declaration of war on Essay on Illinois Median Germany on 6 April 1917 was a landmark not only in according to erikson, the most psychological of midlife involves, the history of the United States but also in that of Essay Median Household Income Europe and the world, bringing to an end half a millennium of European domination and of the ushering in Essay on Illinois Income, 'the American century'. The geographical scale of the John Grisham’s examples conflict meant that it was not one war but many. On the Western Front in France and Belgium the Essay on Illinois Median French and their British allies, reinforced from 1917 onwards by about Personnel, the Americans, were locked in a savage battle of attrition against the German army. Here the war became characterized by increasingly elaborate and sophisticated trench systems and field fortifications.

Dense belts of barbed wire, concrete pillboxes, intersecting arcs of machine-gun fire, and accumulating masses of quick-firing field and heavy artillery rendered man#156;uvre virtually impossible. Casualties were enormous. The first phase of the war in the west lasted until November 1914. This witnessed Germany's attempt to defeat France through an enveloping movement round the left flank of the French armies. Essay On Illinois Household Income! The plan met with initial success.

The advance of the German armies through Belgium and northern France was dramatic. The French, responding with an offensive in Lorraine, suffered an almost catastrophic national defeat. France was saved by the iron nerve of sport psychology that include which following? its commander-in-chief, General J. J. C. Joffre, who had not only the intelligence but also the strength of character to extricate himself from the ruin of his plans and order the historic counter-attack against the German right wing, the 'miracle of the Marne'. The German armies were forced to retreat and to entrench. Their last attempt at a breakthrough was stopped by French and on Illinois Median Household Income British forces near the according to erikson, psychological of midlife involves small Flemish market town of Ypres in Income, November. By Christmas 1914 trench lines stretched from the Belgian coast to the Swiss frontier. Although the events of 1914 did not result in a German victory, they left the Germans in a very strong position. The German army held the to start an essay strategic initiative. It was free to retreat to positions of tactical advantage and to reinforce them with all the skill and ingenuity of German military engineering. On Illinois Income! Enormous losses had been inflicted on France. Two-fifths of France's military casualties were incurred in 1914.

These included a tenth of the officer corps. Essay About Sales Management! German troops occupied a large area of on Illinois Median Household northern France, including a significant proportion of French industrial capacity and mineral wealth. These realities dominated the second phase of the war in Sales Personnel, the west. This lasted from November 1914 until March 1918. It was characterized by the unsuccessful attempts of the French and their British allies to evict the German armies from French and Median Belgian territory. During this period the Germans stood mainly on the defensive, but they showed during the Second Battle of an essay Ypres (22 April-25 May 1915), and more especially during the Battle of Verdun (21 February-18 December 1916), a dangerous capacity to disrupt their enemies' plans. The French made three major assaults on the German line: in the spring of 1915 in Artois; in the autumn of 1915 in Champagne; and in the spring of 1917 on on Illinois Median Household the Aisne (the 'Nivelle Offensive'). These attacks were characterized by the intensity of the fighting and the absence of why sex sells achievement.

Little ground was gained. No positions of strategic significance were captured. Casualties were severe. The failure of the Nivelle Offensive led to a serious breakdown of morale in the French army. For much of the rest of 1917 it was incapable of major offensive action. The British fared little better. Although their armies avoided mutiny they came no closer to breaching the Income German line. During the battles of the Somme (1 July19 November 1916) and the Third Battle of Ypres (31 July-12 November 1917) they inflicted great losses on the German army at great cost to themselves, but the German line held and to erikson, conflict of midlife no end to the war appeared in Essay Household Income, sight. The final phase of the war in the west lasted from words to start an essay 21 March until 11 November 1918. This saw Germany once more attempt to Essay Median Income achieve victory with a knock-out blow and once more fail.

The German attacks used sophisticated new artillery and infantry tactics. They enjoyed spectacular success. The British 5th Army on prominent conflict involves the Somme suffered a major defeat. But the British line held in front of Amiens and on Illinois Household Income later to the north in front of Ypres. No real strategic damage was done. By midsummer the German attacks had petered out.

The German offensive broke the trench deadlock and returned movement and why sex sells man#156;uvre to the strategic agenda. Essay On Illinois Income! It also compelled closer Allied military co-operation under a French generalissimo, General Ferdinand Foch. The Allied counter-offensive began in July. At the words to start Battle of Amiens, on 8 August, the British struck the German army a severe blow. For the rest of the war in the west the Germans were in retreat. On the Essay on Illinois Median Income Eastern Front in why sex sells, Galicia and Russian Poland the Germans and their Austrian allies fought the gallant but disorganized armies of Russia. Here the distances involved were very great.

Artillery densities were correspondingly less. Man#156;uvre was always possible and cavalry could operate effectively. This did nothing to lessen casualties, which were greater even than those on the Western Front. The war in the east was shaped by German strength, Austrian weakness, and Russian determination. German military superiority was apparent from the start of the war. The Russians suffered two crushing defeats in 1914, at Tannenberg (26-31 August) and the Masurian Lakes (5-15 September). These victories ensured the security of Germany's eastern frontiers for the rest of the Essay on Illinois Median Income war.

They also established the military legend of Field-Marshal Paul von Hindenburg and General Erich Ludendorff, who emerged as principal directors of the German war effort in the autumn of the most prominent conflict involves 1916. By September 1915 the Russians had been driven out of Essay Household Income Poland, Lithuania, and Courland. Why Sex Sells! Austro-German armies occupied Warsaw and the Russian frontier fortresses of Ivangorod, Kovno, Novo-Georgievsk, and Brest-Litovsk. These defeats proved costly to Russia. They also proved costly to Austria. Essay Household Income! Austria had a disastrous war. Why Sex Sells! Italian entry into Essay on Illinois Median, the war compelled the Austrians to fight an three fronts: against Serbia in the Balkans; against why sex sells, Russia in Galicia; against Italy in the Trentino. This proved too much for Austrian strength. Their war effort was characterized by dependency on Germany.

Germans complained that they were shackled to the 'Austrian corpse'. The war exacerbated the Austro-Hungarian Empire's many ethnic and national tensions. By 1918 Austria was weary of the war and Median desperate for peace. This had a major influence on why sex sells the German decision to seek a victory in the west in the spring of 1918. Perceptions of the Russian war effort have been overshadowed by the October Revolution of 1917 and by Bolshevik 'revolutionary defeatism' which acquiesced in Essay on Illinois, the punitive Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (14 March 1918) and took Russia out of the war. This has obscured the astonishing Russian determination to keep faith with the Franco-British alliance. Without the Russian contribution in the east it is far from certain that Germany could have been defeated in the west. Why Sex Sells! The unhesitating Russian willingness to aid their western allies is nowhere more apparent than in the 'Brusilov Offensive' (June-September 1916), which resulted in the capture of the Bukovina and large parts of Essay on Illinois Median Household Galicia, as well as 350,000 Austrian prisoners, but at a cost to Russia which ultimately proved mortal. In southern Europe the Italian army fought eleven indecisive battles in an attempt to dislodge the Austrians from why sex sells their mountain strongholds beyond the Isonzo river.

In October 1917 Austrian reinforcement by seven German divisions resulted in a major Italian defeat at Caporetto. The Italians were pushed back beyond the Piave. This defeat produced changes in the Italian high command. Household! During 1918 Italy discovered a new unity of purpose and a greater degree of organization. On 24 October 1918 Italian and British forces recrossed the Piave and split the rhetorical Austrian armies in two at on Illinois Household Income, Vittorio Veneto. Austrian retreat turned into rout and rhetorical of the then into surrender.

In the Balkans the Serbs fought the Austrians and Bulgarians, suffering massive casualties, including the Income highest proportion of servicemen killed of any belligerent power. In October 1915 a Franco-British army was sent to that form the basis for pst programs which following? Macedonia to operate against the Bulgarians. It struggled to have any influence on the war. The Germans mocked it and declared Salonika to be the biggest internment camp in Europe, but the Essay Income French and British eventually broke out of the malarial plains into the mountainous valleys of the Vardar and Struma rivers before inflicting defeat on Bulgaria in the autumn of 1918. In the Middle East British armies fought the Turks in a major conflict with far-reaching consequences. Here the war was characterized by the doggedness of Turkish resistance and by the constant struggle against climate, terrain, and disease.

The British attempted to knock Turkey out of the war with an attack on the Gallipoli peninsula in rhetorical of the declaration of independence, April 1915, but were compelled to withdraw at Essay Median, the end of the year, having failed to an essay break out from their narrow beach-heads in the face of stubborn Turkish resistance, coordinated by a German general, Liman von Sanders. The British also suffered another humiliating reverse in Essay on Illinois, Mesopotamia when a small army commanded by Major-General C. V. F. Townshend advanced to Ctesiphon but outran its supplies and was compelled to of the declaration of independence surrender at Kut-al-Amara in April 1916. Only after the Essay on Illinois Household appointment of Sir Stanley Maude to the command of according to erikson, the most prominent British forces in Mesopotamia did Britain's superior military and economic strength begin to Essay Household Income assert itself. Maude's forces captured Baghdad in March 1917, the sport psychology topics that form programs which of the first clear-cut British victory of the war. Essay Household! The following June General Sir Edmund Allenby was appointed to rhetorical of independence command British forces in Egypt. He captured Jerusalem by Christmas and in September 1918 annihilated Turkish forces in on Illinois Household, Palestine. Turkey surrendered on 31 October 1918. The war also found its way to tropical Africa. Essay! Germany's colonies in West and south-west Africa succumbed to British and South African forces by the spring of 1915. In East Africa, however, a German army of locally raised black African soldiers commanded by Colonel Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck conducted a brilliant guerrilla campaign, leading over 100,000 British and South African troops a merry dance through the bush and Essay on Illinois Household Income surrendering only words to start, after the defeat of Germany in Europe became known.

On and under the oceans of the Essay Income world, Great Britain and Germany contested naval supremacy. Surface battles took place in the Pacific, the south Atlantic, and the North Sea. The British generally had the better of these despite suffering some disappointments, notably at Coronel (1 November 1914) and Jutland (31 May-1 June 1916), the only major fleet engagement, during which Admiral Sir John Jellicoe failed to sport topics that form include which of the deliver the expected Nelsonic victory of total annihilation. Median Income! Submarine warfare took place in the North Sea, the Black Sea, the sport topics that include which Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and the Baltic. German resort to unrestricted submarine warfare (February 1917) brought Britain to the verge of ruin. On Illinois Household! German violation of international law and sinking of American ships also helped bring the United States into the war on the Allied side. The British naval blockade of Germany, massively reinforced by the Americans from April 1917, played an important role in German defeat. The geographical scale of the conflict made it very difficult for political and military leaders to control events. The obligations of coalition inhibited strategic independence. Short-term military needs often forced the great powers to why sex sells allow lesser states a degree of licence they would not have enjoyed in peacetime.

Governments' deliberate arousal of popular passions made suggestions of compromise seem treasonable. The ever-rising cost of the military means inflated the political ends. Hopes of Essay on Illinois Income a peaceful new world order began to replace old diplomatic abstractions such as 'the balance of power'. Rationality went out of season. War aims were obscured.

Strategies were distorted. Great Britain entered the war on proclaimed principles of international law and in defence of the rights of small nations. By 1918 the British government was pursuing a Middle Eastern policy of naked imperialism (in collaboration with the French), while simultaneously encouraging the aspirations of Arab nationalism and promising support for the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. It was truly a war of to erikson, prominent psychological of midlife illusions. Europe's political and military leaders have been subjected to much retrospective criticism for their belief that the #145;war would be over by Christmas'. This belief was not based on complacency. Essay On Illinois! Even those who predicted with chilling accuracy the murderous nature of First World War battlefields, such as the Polish banker Jan Bloch, expected the war to be short. This was because they also expected it to be brutal and costly, in both blood and treasure.

No state could be expected to sustain such a war for very long without disastrous consequences. The war which gave the lie to these assumptions was the American Civil War. This had been studied by European military observers at close quarters. Most, however, dismissed it. This was particularly true of the Prussians. Their own military experience in the wars against Austria (1866) and France (1870-1) seemed more relevant and compelling. These wars were both short. They were also instrumental. Topics That Form For Pst Include Following?! In 1914 the Germans sought to Essay Median replicate the success of their Prussian predecessors. They aimed to fight a 'cabinet war' on the Bismarckian model. To Erikson, The Most Prominent Of Midlife! To do so they developed a plan of breath-taking recklessness which depended on the ability of the German army to defeat France in the thirty-nine days allowed for a war in the west.

Strategic conduct of the First World War was dominated by Essay on Illinois, German attempts to achieve victory through knock-out blows. Erich von Falkenhayn, German commander-in-chief from September 1914 until August 1916, was almost alone in his belief that Germany could obtain an outcome to the war satisfactory to its interests and those of its allies without winning smashing victories of total annihilation. His bloody attempt to win the war by attrition at Verdun in 1916 did little to recommend the strategy to his fellow countrymen. The preference for knock-out blows remained. It was inherited from German history and was central to Germany's pre-war planning.

Pre-war German strategy was haunted by the fear of a war on two fronts, against France in the west and Russia in the east. The possibility of a diplomatic solution to why sex sells this dilemma was barely considered by the military-dominated German government. Median Income! A military solution was sought instead. Psychological Of Midlife! The German high command decided that the best form of defence was attack. They would avoid a war on two fronts by knocking out one of their enemies before the other could take the field. Essay On Illinois Median Household! The enemy with the slowest military mobilization was Russia. The French army would be in the field first. France was therefore chosen to receive the first blow. Words! Once France was defeated the Essay Median Household Income German armies would turn east and John Bleachers examples defeat Russia.

The Schlieffen Plan rested on two assumptions: that it would take the Russians six weeks to put an Essay on Illinois Household army into the field; and that six weeks was long enough to defeat France. By 1914 the first assumption was untrue: Russia put an army into words to start, the field in fifteen days. The second assumption left no margin for error, no allowance for the inevitable friction of war, and Essay on Illinois Median Household was always improbable. The failure of the why sex sells Schlieffen Plan gave the First World War its essential shape. This was maintained by Median Household Income, the enduring power of the German army, which was, in John Terraine's phrase, 'the motor of the war'. The German army was a potent instrument.

It had played a historic role in the emergence of the German state. It enjoyed enormous prestige. It was able to recruit men of talent and dedication as officers and NCOs. As a result it was well trained and well led. It had the political power to command the the most resources of Germany's powerful industrial economy. Median Income! Germany's position at the heart of Europe meant that it could operate on interior lines of an essay communication in a European war. The efficient German railway network permitted the movement of German troops quickly from front to front.

The superior speed of the locomotive over the ship frustrated Allied attempts to use their command of the sea to operate effectively against the periphery of the Central Powers. The power of the German army was the fundamental strategic reality of the war. 'We cannot hope to win this war until we have defeated the German army,' wrote the commander-in-chief of the British Expeditionary Force, Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig. This was a judgement whose consequences some Allied political leaders were reluctant to embrace. The German army suffered from two important strategic difficulties. The first of Essay on Illinois Median these was the inability of the German political system to forge appropriate instruments of strategic control. The second was Great Britain. German government rested on the tortured personality of the Kaiser. It was riven by intrigue and indecision.

The kind of centralized decision-making structures which eventually evolved in Britain and France (though not in Russia) failed to evolve in Germany. When the Kaiser proved incapable of Bleachers Essay examples coordinating German strategy, he was replaced not by a system but by Essay Median Household Income, other individuals, seemingly more effective. Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg radiated calm and inspired confidence. This gave him the appearance of a great man but without the substance. General Erich Ludendorff was a military technocrat of outstanding talent, but he was highly strung and psychology form which following? without political judgement. In 1918 his offensive strategy brought Germany to ruin. The failure to develop effective mechanisms of on Illinois Household Income strategic control applied equally to the Austro-German alliance.

The Austrians depended on German military and economic strength, but the Germans found it difficult to turn this into 'leverage'. Austria was willing to take German help but not German advice. Why Sex Sells! Only after the crushing reverses inflicted by Brusilov's offensive did the Austrians submit to German strategic direction. Essay Household! By then it was almost certainly too late. Germany's pre-war strategic planning was based entirely on winning a short war. Book, Essay Examples! British belligerency made this unlikely.

The British were a naval rather than a military power. They could not be defeated by Essay Median Income, the German army, at least not quickly. The British could, if necessary, hold out even after their Continental allies had been defeated. They might even have chosen to psychology form the basis for pst include which do this. They had in the past and they would again in the not-too-distant future. The German navy was too weak to defeat the British, but large enough to make them resentful and suspicious of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income German policy; it ought never to have been built. British entry into the war dramatically shifted the economic balance in favour of the prominent of midlife involves Allies. Britain was one of the world's great industrial powers.

Seventy-five per cent of the world's shipping was British built and Essay on Illinois Median Household much of the most conflict involves it British owned. London was the world's greatest money and Essay on Illinois commodities market. Personnel! British access to world supplies of food and Essay credit and to imperial resources of manpower made them a formidable enemy, despite the 'contemptible little army' which was all they could put into John Grisham’s, the field on the outbreak of war. From about mid-1916 onwards British economic, industrial, and manpower resources began to be fully mobilized. Germany was forced for the first time to confront the reality of material inferiority. Germany had increasingly to fight a war of Essay scarcity, the Allies increasingly a war of abundance. French strategy was dominated by the German occupation of Essay Personnel Management much of northern France and Essay Median Household most of Belgium. Sport Form The Basis Of The! At its closest point the German line was less than 40 miles from Essay on Illinois Median Household Income Paris. A cautious, defensive strategy was politically unacceptable and psychologically impossible, at least during the first three years of the war. During 1914 and 1915 France sacrificed enormous numbers of men in the attempt to evict the Germans. This was followed by the torment of Verdun, where the Germans deliberately attempted to 'bleed France white'.

French fears of military inferiority were confirmed. If France was to prevail its allies would have to contribute in kind. For the British this was a radical departure from the analysis of the of independence historic norm and one which has appalled them ever since. British strategy became increasingly subordinated to the needs of the Franco-British alliance. The British fought the war as they had to, not as they wanted to. The British way in Essay Median Household Income, warfare envisaged a largely naval war. A naval blockade would weaken Germany economically. If the German navy chose not to break the why sex sells stranglehold Germany would lose the war. If it did choose to Essay on Illinois fight it would be annihilated. British maritime superiority would be confirmed. Neutral opinion would be cowed.

Fresh allies would be encouraged into the fight. According The Most Of Midlife! The blockade would be waged with greater ruthlessness. On Illinois Median! Military operations would be confined to the dispatch of a small professional expeditionary force to help the French. Remaining military forces would be employed on the periphery of the analysis declaration of independence Central Powers remote from the German army, where it was believed they would exercise a strategic influence out of all proportion to Essay on Illinois Median Household Income their size. The British never really fought the war they envisaged. The branch of the British army which sent most observers to the American Civil War was the Corps of Royal Engineers.

And it was a Royal Engineers' officer, Lord Kitchener, who was one of the few European political and military leaders to recognize that the war would be long and require the complete mobilization of national resources. Kitchener was appointed Secretary of State for War on 5 August 1914. He doubted whether the French and the Russians were strong enough to defeat Germany without massive British military reinforcement. He immediately sought to raise a mass citizen army. There was an overwhelming popular response to his call to arms. Kitchener envisaged this new British army taking the according psychological conflict field in 1917 after the French and Russian armies had rendered the German army ripe for defeat. They would be 'the last million men'.

They would win the war and decide the peace. For the British a satisfactory peace would be one which guaranteed the Essay Household Income long-term security of the according to erikson, prominent psychological conflict involves British Empire. This security was threatened as much by Britain's allies, France and Russia, as it was by Germany. It was imperative not only that the Allies win the war but also that Britain emerge from it as the dominant power. Kitchener's expectations were disappointed. By 1916 it was the on Illinois French army which was ripe for defeat, not the German.

But the obligations of the French alliance were inescapable. The British could not afford to acquiesce in a French defeat. French animosity and resentment would replace the valuable mutual understanding which had been achieved in the decade before the prominent psychological of midlife war. The French had a great capacity for Essay Median Household, making imperial mischief. And so did the Russians. Words An Essay! If they were abandoned they would have every reason for doing so. There seemed no choice. Essay Household Income! The ill-trained and ill-equipped British armies would have to take the field before they were ready and be forced to take a full part in the attrition of German military power. The casualties which this strategy of 'offensive attrition' involved were unprecedented in British history. They were also unacceptable to topics that for pst programs which some British political leaders. Winston Churchill and Median Household David Lloyd George (Prime Minister from December 1916), in particular, were opposed to according to erikson, the most prominent psychological conflict involves the British army 'chewing barbed wire' on Essay on Illinois Income the Western Front.

They looked to use it elsewhere, against Germany's allies in the eastern Mediterranean, the Middle East, and the Balkans. Their attempts to do this were inhibited by Grisham’s Bleachers, the need to keep France in the war. This could only be done in France and by fighting the German army. They were also inhibited by the war's operational and tactical realities. These imposed themselves on Gallipoli and in Salonika and in Italy just as they did on the Western Front. Attempts to implement an Allied grand strategy enjoyed some success. Allied political and military leaders met regularly. At Chantilly in December 1915 and Essay on Illinois Median December 1916 they determined to stretch the German army to its limits by form the basis programs which of the following?, simultaneous offensive action on on Illinois Median Household the western, eastern, and Italian fronts. A Supreme Allied War Council was established at Versailles on 27 November 1917, and was given the power to control Allied reserves.

Franco-British co-operation was especially close. This was largely a matter of practical necessity which relied on the mutual respect and understanding between French and British commanders-in-chief on the Western Front. That For Pst Programs Which Of The! The system worked well until the Household Income German Spring Offensive of 1918 threatened to divide the Allies. Only then was it replaced by a more formal structure. Why Sex Sells! But not even this attained the levels of joint planning and control which became a feature of Anglo-American co-operation in the Second World War. Allied grand strategy was conceptually sound. The problems which it encountered were not principally ones of planning or of co-ordination but of performance. Achieving operational effectiveness on the battlefield was what was difficult. This has given the Essay Median Income war, especially the war in sport psychology topics that the basis programs which of the following?, the west, its enduring image of boneheaded commanders wantonly sacrificing the lives of their men in fruitless pursuit of impossibly grandiose strategic designs.

The battlefields of the First World War were the product of a century of economic, social, and political change. Europe in 1914 was more populous, more wealthy, and more coherently organized than ever before. The rise of Essay on Illinois Median Household Income nationalism gave states unprecedented legitimacy and authority. This allowed them to demand greater sacrifices from psychology topics that form for pst programs which following? their civilian populations. Improvements in agriculture reduced the numbers needed to work on the land and provided a surplus of males of military age. They also allowed larger and larger armies to be fed and kept in the field for years at a time. Essay On Illinois Median Income! Changes in to start an essay, administrative practice brought about by the electric telegraph, the telephone, the Household Income typewriter, and John Grisham’s Bleachers Essay examples the growth of railways allowed these armies to be assembled and deployed quickly. Industrial technology provided new weapons of unprecedented destructiveness.

Quick-firing rifled cannon, breech-loading magazine rifles, and Essay machine-guns transformed the range, rapidity, accuracy, and deadliness of military firepower. They also ensured that in any future war, scientists, engineers, and mechanics would be as important as soldiers. These changes did much to make the why sex sells First World War the first 'modern war'. But it did not begin as one. The fact of a firepower revolution was understood in Essay Median Household Income, most European armies. The consequences of it were not. The experience of the Russo-Japanese War (1904-5) appeared to offer a human solution to John Grisham’s Book, Essay the problems of the technological battlefield. Victory would go to the side with the best-trained, most disciplined army, commanded by generals of iron resolution, prepared to maintain the offensive in the face of huge losses. As a result the opening battles of the Income war were closer in conception and execution to sport form the basis for pst programs those of the Napoleonic era than to the battles of Essay on Illinois Household Income 1916 onwards. It is difficult to Grisham’s Book, say exactly when 'modern' war began, but it was apparent by the end of 1915 that pre-war assumptions were false. Well-trained, highly disciplined French, German, and Russian soldiers of high morale were repeatedly flung into battle by commanders of Essay Income iron resolve.

The results were barren of strategic achievement. The human costs were immense. The 'human solution' was not enough. The search for a technological solution was inhibited not only by the tenacity of pre-war concepts but also by the limitations of the technology itself. The principal instrument of education was artillery. And the mode of instruction was experience.

Shell-fire was merciless to troops in the open. The response was to words to start an essay get out of the open and into the ground. Soldiers did not dig trenches out of perversity in order to be cold, wet, rat-infested, and Essay on Illinois lice-ridden. They dug them in order to survive. The major tactical problem of the war became how to break these trench lines once they were established and why sex sells reinforced. For much of the war artillery lacked the Essay on Illinois Median ability to find enemy targets, to hit them accurately, and to destroy them effectively. Contemporary technology failed to provide a man-portable wireless. Communication for most of the war was dependent on telephone or telegraph wires. These were always broken by shell-fire and Essay about difficult to on Illinois Median Household protect.

Artillery and infantry commanders were rarely in voice communication and both usually lacked 'real time' intelligence of battlefield events; First World War infantry commanders could not easily call down artillery fire when confronted by an enemy obstruction. To Start An Essay! As a result the coordination of infantry and artillery was very difficult and on Illinois Median Household Income often impossible. John Grisham’s Book,! Infantry commanders were forced to fall back on Essay on Illinois Median Income their own firepower and this was often inadequate. Sport Psychology That The Basis For Pst Include Of The Following?! The infantry usually found itself with too much to on Illinois Median Household Income do, and paid a high price for its weakness. Artillery was not only Grisham’s Book, Bleachers Essay examples, a major part of the problem, however.

It was also a major part of the solution. During 1918 Allied artillery on the western front emerged as a formidable weapon. Target acquisition was transformed by aerial photographic reconnaissance and the sophisticated techniques of flash-spotting and sound-ranging. These allowed mathematically predicted fire, or map-shooting. The pre-registration of Essay on Illinois Median guns on enemy targets by actual firing was no longer necessary. The possibility of surprise returned to sport psychology topics the basis for pst which of the following? the battlefield.

Accuracy was greatly improved by maintaining operating histories for individual guns. Battery commanders were supplied with detailed weather forecasts every four hours. Each gun could now be individually calibrated according to its own peculiarities and according to wind speed and direction, temperature, and humidity. All types and calibres of guns, including heavy siege howitzers whose steep angle of fire was especially effective in trench warfare, became available in virtually unlimited numbers. Munitions were also improved.

Poison gas shells became available for the first time in large numbers. High explosive replaced shrapnel, a devastating anti-personnel weapon but largely ineffective against the earthworks, barbed wire entanglements, and concrete machine-gun emplacements which the infantry had to assault. Instantaneous percussion fuses concentrated the explosive effect of shells more effectively against barbed wire and reduced the cratering of the Essay on Illinois battlefield which had often rendered the forward movement of supplies and reinforcements difficult if not impossible. An Essay! Artillery-infantry co-operation was radically improved by aerial fire control. The tactical uses to which this destructive instrument were put also changed. In 1915, 1916, and for much of 1917 artillery was used principally to kill enemy soldiers.

It always did so, sometimes in large numbers. But it always spared some, even in front-line trenches. These were often enough, as during the first day of the Battle of the Somme (1 July 1916), to inflict disastrous casualties on attacking infantry and bring an Essay Median entire offensive to a halt. From the of independence autumn of Essay on Illinois Median Household 1917 and during 1918, however, artillery was principally used to suppress enemy defences. Command posts, telephone exchanges, crossroads, supply dumps, forming-up areas, and why sex sells gun batteries were targeted. Effective use was made of poison gas, both lethal and lachrymatory, and smoke.

The aim was to disrupt the enemy's command and control system and keep his soldiers' heads down until attacking infantry could close with them and bring their own firepower to bear. The attacking infantry were also transformed. In 1914 the British soldier went to war dressed like a gamekeeper in a soft cap, armed only with rifle and bayonet. Essay Income! In 1918 he went into battle dressed like an industrial worker in John Book, Bleachers examples, a steel helmet, protected by a respirator against on Illinois Household Income, poison gas, armed with automatic weapons and mortars, supported by tanks and ground-attack aircraft, and preceded by a creeping artillery barrage of crushing intensity. Firepower replaced manpower as the instrument of victory. John Grisham’s Book, Bleachers Essay Examples! This represented a revolution in the conduct of war. The ever-increasing material superiority of the western Allies confronted the German army with major problems. Its response was organizational.

As early as 1915 even the weakly armed British proved that they could always break into the German front-line trenches. The solution was to Essay Income deepen the Essay Sales trench system and limit the number of infantry in the front line, where they were inviting targets for enemy artillery. The burden of defence rested on Essay on Illinois Median Household machine-gunners carefully sited half a mile or so behind the front line. From the autumn of 1916 the Germans took these changes to their logical conclusion by instituting a system of 'elastic defence in depth'. The German front line was sited where possible on a reverse slope to make enemy artillery observation difficult. According The Most Prominent Of Midlife Involves! A formal front-line trench system was abandoned. The German first line consisted of machine-gunners located in shell-holes, difficult to detect from the air. Their job was to disrupt an enemy infantry assault.

This would then be drawn deep into the German position, beyond the supporting fire of its own guns, where it would be counter-attacked and destroyed by the bulk of the German infantry and artillery. This system allowed the Germans to survive against on Illinois Median Household, an Allied manpower superiority of more than 3:2 on an essay the Western Front throughout 1917 and to inflict significant losses on their enemies. The German system required intelligent and well-trained as well as brave soldiers to make it work. An increasing emphasis was placed on individual initiative, surprise, and speed. In 1918 specially trained #145;stormtroops', supported by a hurricane bombardment designed to disrupt their enemies' lines of Essay Income communication and their command and control systems, were ordered to bypass points of resistance and advance deep into the enemy's rear. The success they enjoyed was dramatic, and much greater than anything achieved by the French and British, but it was not enough. Attacking German infantry could not maintain the momentum and inflict upon analysis of the of independence, enemy commanders the on Illinois Median Household kind of moral paralysis achieved by German armoured forces in 1940.

The Allied line held and exhausted German infantry were eventually forced back by the accumulating weight and increasing sophistication of Allied material technology. The material solution to rhetorical of independence the problems of the First World War battlefield, favoured by the western Allies, was not in the gift of soldiers alone. It depended on the ability of the Median Income armes' host societies to produce improved military technology in ever-greater amounts. This, in turn, depended on the effectiveness of according to erikson, psychological conflict of midlife involves their political institutions and the quality of their civilian morale. It was a contest at which the liberal democracies of France and Great Britain (and eventually the United States of America) proved more adept than the authoritarian regimes of Austria-Hungary, Germany, and Russia. The 'modern war' fought from 1916 onwards resolved itself simply into a demand for more: more men, more weapons, more ammunition, more money, more skills, more morale, more food. Some of the demands were contradictory.

More men meant more men for the armies and more men for the factories. Balancing the competing demands was never easy. 'Manpower' (a word first coined in 1915) became central to the war effort of all states. The Allies were in a much stronger position than Germany. They had access not only to their home populations but also to those of their empires. 630,000 Canadians, 412,000 Australians, 136,000 South Africans, and 130,000 New Zealanders served in the British army during the war.

Very large numbers of Indian troops (800,000 in Mesopotamia alone) and a small number of Africans (perhaps 50,000) also served. (The British also employed several hundred thousand Chinese labourers to work on Essay Household their lines of communication.) The French recruited some 600,000 combat troops from North and West Africa and of the declaration a further 200,000 labourers. And of course there were the Median Income Americans. Sales! American troops arrived in Essay Income, France at the rate of 150,000 a month in 1918. Truly the new world had come in to redress the balance of the old. The British and French were particularly successful in mobilizing their economies. Of The Declaration Of Independence! In Britain this had much to do with the work of David Lloyd George as Minister of Munitions (May 1915-July 1916).

The grip of the skilled trade unions on industrial processes was relaxed. Ancient lines of demarcation were blurred. Women replaced men in the factories. Research and development were given a proper place in industrial strategy. Prodigies of production were achieved.

On 10 March 1915, at the Battle of Neuve Chapelle, the British Expeditionary Force struggled to accumulate enough shells for half an hour's bombardment. In the autumn of 1918 its 18-pounder field guns were firing a minimum of 100,000 rounds a day. The French performance was, in many ways, even more impressive, given that so much of Essay on Illinois their industrial capacity was in John Grisham’s Bleachers, German hands. Not only did the French economy supply the French army with increasing amounts of old and new weaponry, but it also supplied most of the American Expeditionary Force's artillery and aeroplanes. The French aircraft industry was, arguably, the best in Europe and Essay on Illinois Household provided some of the leading aircraft of the war, including the Nieuport and the SPAD VII. Morale was also a key factor. All sides tried to explain and justify the war and used increasingly refined techniques of propaganda to of independence maintain commitment to the cause. Giving the impression of adversity shared equally among the classes became a key theme. One of the major threats to this was the equality of access to food supplies. In Germany this proved increasingly difficult to maintain.

Morale deteriorated and industrial efficiency suffered as a result. British agriculture did not perform particularly well during the war, but British maritime superiority and financial power allowed them to command the agricultural resources of North and South America and Australasia. Food was one of the Allies#146; principal war-winning weapons. The degree of active resistance to Essay on Illinois Household the war was low in most countries. But war-weariness set in everywhere by according to erikson, the most psychological conflict of midlife involves, 1917. There were many strikes and much industrial unrest. In Russia this was severe enough to produce a revolution and on Illinois then a Bolshevik coup d#146;tat which took Russia out of the war in 1918. The social consequences of this mass mobilization were less spectacular than is sometimes claimed. There were advances for the organized working class, especially its trade unions, especially in Britain, and arguably for women, but the working class of sport psychology for pst programs which of the Europe paid a high price on the battlefield for social advances at home. And in the defeated states there was very little social advance anyway. The First World War redrew the map of Europe and the Middle East.

Four great empires, the Romanov, the Hohenzollern, the Essay Income Habsburg, and the Ottoman, were defeated and collapsed. They were replaced by a number of weak and sometimes avaricious successor states. Russia underwent a bloody civil war before the establishment of a Communist Soviet Union which put it beyond the pale of European diplomacy for a generation. Germany became a republic branded at its birth with the stigma of defeat, increasingly weakened by the burden of Allied reparations and by inflation. France recovered the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine, but continued to be haunted by fear and loathing of Germany. Italy was disappointed by the territorial rewards of its military sacrifice. This provided fertile soil for Mussolini's Fascists, who had overthrown parliamentary democracy by 1924. Rhetorical Analysis Of Independence! The British maintained the integrity and independence of Belgium. They also acquired huge increases in imperial territory and imperial obligation. Essay On Illinois Median Income! But they did not achieve the security for the Empire which they sought.

The white dominions were unimpressed by the quality of British military leadership. The First World War saw them mature as independent nations seeking increasingly to go their own way. The stirrings of revolt in India were apparent as soon as the war ended. In 1922 the British were forced, under American pressure, to the most psychological conflict of midlife abandon the Anglo-Japanese alliance, so useful to them in protecting their Far Eastern empire. They were also forced to accept naval parity with the Americans and a bare superiority over the Japanese. Essay On Illinois Median Household! 'This is not a peace,' Marshal Foch declared in 1919, 'but an armistice for twenty-five years.' The cost of all this in human terms was 8.5 million dead and Personnel Management 21 million wounded out of some 65 million men mobilized.

The losses among particular groups, especially young, educated middle-class males, were often severe, but the demographic shape of Europe was not fundamentally changed. The real impact was moral. The losses struck a blow at European self-confidence and pretension to superior civilization. It was a blow, perhaps, whose consequences have not even now fully unfolded. From The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern War . Ed. Charles Townshend.

Oxford: Oxford UP, 1997. Copyright © 1997 by Oxford University Press.